Want to say thanks

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lynn112, Sep 23, 2003.

1. lynn112

lynn112 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I have worked for about a year and a half on hubbies credit reports. Today, he got approved for his first "prime card"

it's a citi illumina 9.9%rate / 0% 6mths bal. transfer
    $1,900 limit (said up to $2,700 if used the bal. transfer. not sure what that means.)
    (i know it's tiny,but it is prime and he got it with his normal reports, I.E. nothing is in current dispute.)

So now he has :

Target guestcard
    $300.00 limit
    $0.00 bal.

Cap1 gold -no ann.fee 14.9% rate
    $700.00 limit
    $250.00 bal.

Cap1 plat. -no ann. fee 14.9% rate
    $1000.00 limit
    $450.00 (transfered to the new Citi card)

Sears store card (never used)
    $250.00 limit
    $0.00 bal.

Home Depot (now Citi runs these accounts, could be the reason for approval ??)
    $500.00 limit
    $0.00 bal.

Cap1 Kmart card (used once)
    $300.00 limit
    $0.00 bal.

Dell line of credit (no interest for 6 mths)
    $1,500 limit
    $650 bal.

GM Card -23.9% rate raised from 15.9% !!)
    $1405.00 (lowered from 1,500 !!!)
    $0.00 bal
    -plan to close the GM account, jacked rate in May on us and lowered credit limit. Reasons according to them, payments too low & derog's on CR's. One problem with this excuse.
    -always paid at least double the min. most of the time triple.
    - only one derog on report, a paid judgement that was there when we applied.
    WTF !!!!!

He also has a paid off mortgage, several paid off CC's closed at his request .
    We are hopeing to make his credit steller so when we go to buy a car next summer,we can get the good interest rates.

All of this is because of this board!!!!!
    Before the clean up started, he couldn't get a single card. Now he is in primeland. Last check put his scores in the high 600's low 700's.

I just had to say THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shall we never go back to sub-prime hell agian...lol

PS- I actually like capital one. They gave us a chance when no one else would. They give us limit increases regularly and off interest free periods all the time. I know they are sub-prime but i doubt we will get rid of those cards unless they turn on us.lol

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

If its less than two years old, sock drawer it for age and utilization help, rather than closing it. My .02

Congrats on all the good stuff. I'm jealous.

3. lynn112

lynn112 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice Jlynn, i think we may do that. Maybe they will "see the light" ,but i have to say even if they do,I doubt we will use the card for anything.

:)