Wards Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jenny, Mar 11, 2001.

1. Jenny

Jenny Guest

I received a Walmart card in the mail yesterday. The card is to replace my Wards card. Do you think they ran a credit check. I have not used my Wards card in years.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I don't know...FROM MY E-MAIL AT WORK (WAL*MART) it said "MOST" WARDS card holders will get a WAL*MART card.

All the "BAD" people were probably dumped before it was given to WAL*MART'S CARD PROCESSOR (MCCBG)...

F.Y.I. IF YOU SPEND $200.00 OR MORE ON ONE RECEIPT, YOU GET 0.00% FOR 3 MONTHS OFFER GOOD TILL 03/31/01.

YOU ARE ONLY LIMITED BY YOUR CREDIT LINE, AND 03/31/01 (FINAL PURCHASE DATE) (NOT LIMIT 1 PER CUSTOMER)...

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I closed my Wards accounts last year. I wonder will they sent me the Walmart Cards?

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RON: PROBABLY NOT, they may send you a REAL "PRE-APPROVED" APPLICATION...SIGN, DATE, SS#.

5. Desdemona

Desdemona Well-Known Member

I have a Wards card also, I paid it off in 9/00 and have not used it since. I did not close it myself, but my reports show closed. I did not know that Walmart was replacing Ward cards do you think calling Wards would do anything?

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

JENNY just got it yesterday, I would look for it in next weeks mail.

I have no idea how many cards they are sending out...or how long it will take.

7. Brandon

Brandon Guest

Since WalMart bought out the Wards accounts they have the right to look at your credit bureaus for signing up for a Ward's card. So if you have an open Wards account and your credit is decent you will probably get a WalMart card then have to close it out if you do not want it because it is still your old account and not actually a new one.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

The people who have a transferred account from WARDS would have a benefit that nobody else would have...they should get the "OPEN" date from the WARDS card listed for the WAL*MART card...

:)

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I got it pre-approved on before Christmas and I didn't find any useful to get the card. So I trashed the pre-approval application. Always you can Visa, M/C, Discover and Amex in Walmart.

10. dave

dave Well-Known Member

That's true Ron but having one retail card is supposed to increase your credit score. That would be the only reason to have the card that I can think of.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

That's true,Dave. For example, I'm having JcPenney card and used it monthly. I t helps me to get more good credit cards offers.

12. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I don't think an inquiry would occur if you receive a Wal-mart card. The issuer of the Wards card
    is the same as the issuer of the Wal-mart cards.