WARNING-MBNA CHANGE IN TERMS!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Sep 12, 2003.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CATAGORY B (ATM/BANK) 19.99%
    EFFECTIVE FIRST STATEMENT IN OCTOBER

QUANTUM HAD ALL A, B, C, and D ALL THE SAME!!!
    (UNLESS YOU HAD A BT PROMO)

3. If you reject this change, we retain the right to not reissue your account when it expires or close your account at any time.

Mine has been in the sock drawer sine they "JACKED" the BT fee to $75.00!!! And I'm paying $500-$2,000/month to get rid of it!!!

ON THE UP-SIDE IT IS STILL MY HIGHEST CREDIT LIMIT...BUT NOT FOR LONG WHEN I COMBINE OUR 2 BofA ACCOUNTS INTO ONE JOINT ACCOUNT...

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

lol i've never had to pay $75 for my quantum worldpoints card. 3% per transaction max $50.

not bad if you dump 10 grand on it, and it was for 6 months. they will dump it into your checking account too.

$50 to borrow $10GRAND for 6 months, yummy.

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

George,

I got the same notice from the mail and it enclosed with my statement.

Ron.

4. Tony V.

Tony V. Well-Known Member

I got the same Change of Tems Notice Enclosed in my statement also.......I have the Plat Plus MC......

Tony V.
    San Diego, Ca

5. ble103

ble103 Well-Known Member

MBNA must of had it's own problems with people defaulting on them.They figure if someone has to get cash advance wether from a bank teller or an atm then that person must be having financial trouble therefore they have upped the cash advance rate to compenstate for the added risk that a cash advance borrower would bring to them,19.99% is a high rate of interest charged for cash,and it is not a good idea because most creditors frown on people getting cash with a credit card.Just use their promotional rate checks only when they offer it too you at teaser interest rates.Only use a cash advance only if it is a real emergency situation.If it happens then pay the advance off within 30 days,creditors will accept people using it that way instead of carrying a balance month to month under the cash advance ADB method on a person credit card statement.I think all creditors should tighten up on extending additional credit for the time being until the economy turns around which won't happening anytime soon.They say it will pick up in 2004 but i don't think so until we find out who will be president for 2004,and i people will elect the right one,i wouldn't relect george w. bush because he's going to bk the u.s.a that is my opinion on him.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I didn't ARGUE that they did A, B, C, & D all the same!!! THAT WAS FINE WITH ME...

Every other BANK charges 20%+ for a CASH ADVANCE...

There is one BANK that adds a 4% FEE (NO "TOP" LIMIT)

THE ONLY BENEFIT OF A CASH ADVANCE WAS THAT YOU COULD GO TO THE BANK AND DO A CASH ADVANCE THAT DAY INTO YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT (CASH DEPOSIT) AND GET INSTANT CREDIT...MBNA TAKES AS MANY AS 3-5 DAYS FOR THE EFT TO BE IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT...