WARNING: Pacific Bancom

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cindy, Oct 25, 2000.

1. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

The scam artists at Pacific Bancom are on the loose again! They called our house last night, and got through our Privacy Manager service by NOT being listed as "Private Call."

Be warned: Santa Claus will be landing on your roof before you receive ANY credit card from their "program". Legitimate credit card companies DO NOT send out hand-addressed envelopes (I wish I had saved mine to send to the postal inspectors, as someone here suggested), or ask for your ACH numbers over the phone!

Setting out milk and cookies now,
    Cindy

2. Cleon

Cleon Guest

On October13,2000 I recieved a letter from Pacific Bancom.It read :

You have been approved to recieve a $3,000.00 unsecured credit card.In a single card you'll get...

A 9.8% interest rate that is guaranteed not to fluctuate over the next five years.

A very low $5.00 monthly fee to service your account for the next five years.

A minimum monthly payment of only $55.00.(If your balance is less than $500.00,your payment is only 10% of what you spend.)

3. Cleon

Cleon Guest

On October13,2000 I recieved a letter from Pacific Bancom.It read:

You have been approved to recieve a $3,000.00 unsecured credit card.In a single card you'll get...

A 9.8% interest rate that is guaranteed not to fluctuate over the next five years.

A very low $5.00 monthly fee to service your account for the next five years.

A minimum monthly payment of only $55.00.(If your balance is less than $500.00,your payment is only 10% of what you spend.)

We have taken a special interest in individuals who weren't able to obtain a credit card anywhere else and those who have been paying rediculously high interest rates and fees due to past credit problems.therefore,we have developed this credit program to answer your attemps to begin a new credit history.

This is a low introductory offer for a limited time only.Please contact your personal representative as soon as you recieve this notification.Since you have already been approved to participate in this program,your $3000.00 credit card is only a phone call away.

Sincerely,
    Matthew J. Roberts
    V.P. Credit Department

8452 Reseda,#294,Northridge,Ca.91324
    1-800-559-1780

www.topcities.com/business/bancom

Well, I called them and gave them the information they asked for.They also asked that I send $289.00 that would cover the service of my account for the next five years.They also asked that I send a money order through the overnight express from my local post office.I sent it but I checked their website out first before I did.
    Well,they guaranteed that I would recieve the card in 10 working days.Two weeks went by and I called back,and they said that they were backed up and for me to wait another week.I called a week later and they gave me a direct number (1-818-882-48580).I called the number and an answering machine came on.I left a message stating my reason for calling and asked them to call me back as soon as possible.Another week went by and I called back both numbers and only got an answering machine.I left messages after messages and no one return my call.I called the 1-800 number and the operator came on an said the number is no longer in service.I called the 1-818-882-4858 number numerous of times and only get the answering machine.I went to the web address to e-mail them and to my surprize, it no longer exist.

Can someone give me some advice on how to go about bringing Pacific Bancom to justice.Please help me someone.