We are going to do it)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Mar 20, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Now what were you all thinking by that title LOL.

It turns out a friend(coworker) of my husband's partner is associated with the mortgage business as well as real estate. He has connections with lenders, first time buyers, goverment programs etc. He stopped by this morning and we were talking scores/ratios etc, my husband was pleasantly surprised that I knew all about this and we talked for quite sometime. I gave him the numbers ect and he seems to think as I do that we will have no problems at all. I am gathering all the information and will send it in with hubby tonight and he will start working on it for us ASAP. I was going to wait til summer but if the rates go down today which they are supposed and my scores seemd rather good (better than I hoped) then there is no time like the present, plus my little increase on Citi and hubby's increase on Lowes helped get ratios more appealing. I will keep everyone posted and we will see how it goes:)

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

I hope all your dreams come true, Momof3. You're such an inspiration to
    the rest of us on the board.

Marci

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

That's wonderful! Momof3. I'm so happy that your dream is finally coming through.Please continue to keep us posted.

Donna

4. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Mom,

Federal Reserve just cut interest rates by 1/2 point!

Buy, Buy, Buy!!!

Chet

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Mom,
    You and dad just wouldn't be the same without a house. That's the way I've always pictured you two (er five).

I wish you the best! Good luck.

-Dave

6. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Keep us posted!

I will be following your house buying adventure VERY closely! I'm so excited for you, you'd think that it was ME buying! lol
    Great luck to you!
    am

7. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Re: Keep us posted!

Mom,

My highest score at the time of my mortgage application was 626 with equifax. I was still able to get an FHA loan with a rate of 7.25. (I locked in before the rates dipped and went back up again, and dipped again. ha ha). Anyway, I was told that I could have gotten a conventional had my debt ration not been so high, so there is no way you won't be able to get a mortgage with a score of 677! Go for it girl.

8. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!

Happy for you!!. It's my dream also to get a mortgate. I am building my credit now. Hope some day will be at your point.

Congratulations!!!

9. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Re: Congratulations!!!

Mom, you are on your way! I know you'll have a house soon and it's a great time to buy. You'll be able to get more for your money since the interest rates are down. I truly beleive you will be able to do this without problems. Now, go find your new home!! But, I hope you'll still take the time to post even though you'll be busy packing and unpacking. Don't forget about us ;)

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks to all

I appreciate all your posts, this will be a very exciting and a panic sticken time for us. I am somewhat sure since all three of my scores in October were just about the same, and now that I got it from Equifax I would think the other 2 are similiar, I am just a little nervous with his score of 577, although I know the low and the high get thrown out, last time Ex was 626 no collection and TU was 660 with collection, so his are probably close to the same as they were and if so we should be okay. But if we move on this quickly then most likely the collection will be paid which is what I have always tried to do just wanted deletion for it, but if we do this now I don't have time to go through the dreaded dispute process, but in a few months I will dispute and hope they don't respond. I will keep everyone posted on our process. Again thanks to all, everyone is so supportive here.

Mom

11. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks to all

YES! Congrats on your score. I'm thrilled you guys are going to do it! I am soooo happy we decided to buy when we did and didn't wait til summer. Don't forget to send me pics of your house hunting adventures! lol and get a big kitchen. (you know it's killing me here) hehehe

Kelly

12. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks to all

Contrats, mom! Buying a house has been your dream for quite some time. I am glad it will be coming true for you. You deserve it. Good luck and keep us posted! :)

13. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Good Luck Momof3

Please keep us posted on your progress. You'll definately get it.