We Did It!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MiamiBlues, Aug 10, 2001.

1. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

I'm happy to tell you all that my wife and I closed this afternoon on our new home. Thank God it's all over. My sincere thanks to all of you on this board for your help and insight into credit repair. A special note of thanks to Momof3, who was there cheering me on when I thought the deal was going to fall apart.

Now I can't wait to apply for a Home Depot card!

Manny

2. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

CONGRATS, I'm so very happy for you, maybe(sigh) I can make the same post. Enjoy your new home and look out Home Depot.

mindy

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Miami, Congratulations!!! There's nothing better than your own home! Enjoy!

4. CASPER72

CASPER72 Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!!! I am very happy for the both of you!!! I hope to one day be able to say that I am a homeowner.

Hope you enjoy your new home!

Casper72

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Manny, that is great!! Congrats!!

breeze

6. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Wonderful news. Congratulations on your new home.

Dani

7. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Congrats to you, Manny!!!!!

You deserve it!!!!

Cypri:)

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

One by one you all are getting houses, I am so happy for you. Way 2 go Manny! Congratulations.

-Dave

9. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Congratulations. I hope you dont make the same mistake I did. I thought that since I had a house that I would be approved for everything. Instead I was declined for everything. You may need to wait a month for your mortgage to actually report on your credit reports. You may also need to be more aggressive to make sure that the mortgage is actually reporting on all reports. Mine still is not reporting on Equifax and Experian.

Mike G.

10. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Having a mortgage did not do anything to change my credit status. It was just one more new account, and I have actually been turned down because I got the mortgage and home improvement loan (the rejection was because of the new accounts).

Manny - Congrats on the house. I'm sure it feels great!

11. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Miami,

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm delighted to hear the good news! I'm glad everything worked out.

Donna

12. MiamiBlues

Thank you all for your good wishes and words of encouragement during this tedious process. I hope that all of you that are looking forward to home ownership make it.

As for applying for credit, I couldn't help myself and applied online for Home Depot. I'll let you all know how that turns out.

Manny

13. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!I am so very happy for you I knew it would turn out okay:) Thanks for taking the time to post your glorious news!!!!!!!!

14. MiamiBlues

Mom,

You were right!

Manny

15. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

I am next! Congratulations!

16. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Way to go, Manny!!!!!

Now, go get 'em, Kittw1!!!

:)

Randy

17. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

YEAH MAnny!!!! :) dogman

18. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Congrats!

I hope waking up for the first time in "YOUR HOME" feels as good for you as it did for me! Well, actually, my first night I had to sleep on the floor because I hadn't unpacked my bed yet, so it kinda didn't feel 'that' good, but you know what I mean! LOL!

Shawn

19. MiamiBlues

Kitt, Randy & Shawn,

Thanks a million!!! I'm broke but I have a home. Not a bad trade off I suppose.

Randy, sorry about Citi. I was in the chat room the night that you applied. If you really want a Citi card I'm sure you'll get it. Just may take a little time.

Shawn, I won't be moving till later on in the month. I have the rent paid at my apartment unitl the end of August so I'll take my time, do some painting and get the place to our liking.

Kitt, the best of luck to you. There's nothing like coming "home"

Manny

20. MiamiBlues

Hey Dogman,

If I need a diswasher I'm calling you for advice! Thanks a million for your support.

Manny