We Must Never Forget !

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Butch, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

I'm astonished at my own personal level of emotion today. I was ok yesterday, but today I'm not. I guess I just kinda "forgot".

As my emotions run the gambit from fear to anger to a prayerful meditation and back again, one constant thought is ever present. The thoughts of those hero's whom, despite their own fear, anguish and even foreknowledge that they wouldn't make it out, went in anyway, to help rescue those who were less able. I'm reminded of many hero's from those fellow patriots who brought down flight 93 in PA, to the hero's who work hard every day to raise difficult children, pay exorbitant taxes and strive to prosper.

• THE FIRES OF SPRING

For this is the journey that man must make: to find themselves. If they fail in this, it doesn't matter much what else they may find. Money, position, fame, many loves, revenge are all of little consequence, and when the tickets are collected at the end of the ride they are tossed into a bin market FAILURE.

But if a man happens to find himself-if he knows what he can be depended upon to do, the limits of his courage, the position from which he will no longer retreat, the degree to which he can surrender his inner self to some woman, the secret reservoirs of his determination, the extent of his dedication, the depth of his feeling for beauty, his honest and unpostured goals-then he has found a mansion indeed, which he may inhabit with dignity all the days of his life.
      James A. Michener

And then there's YOU. As you remember today all those who've given their all to the cause of freedom, remember yourselves too, as you face up to your own shortcomings with courage and fortitude. Out of all those who should choose this road less traveled, most never do.

Don't forget to take a moment to pat yourself on the back too.

2. pd11604

pd11604 Well-Known Member

Thank you for reminding us!!

PS I am from NYC and was across the street from the WTC 2 years ago!

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

4. greenvan

greenvan Well-Known Member

A few months ago, my five-year-old was shopping with my wife in a store where he found a small stuffed animal that resembled a schnauzer. He immediately picked it up, but then proclaimed that he didn't like it because it was a wolf instead of a puppy. When my wife told him that it was indeed a puppy, he decided that maybe he would like to keep it. To make a long story short, "Wolfie" has become his favorite companion and now travels everywhere we go and sleeps beside him each night.

Today was "teddy bear day" at my son's kindergarten, and every child was instructed to bring their favorite teddy bear to school. Wolfie got to go to school today. I watched from the parking lot as my five-year-old kid strolled toward the school entrance, weaving his way through the older children, swinging Wolfie back and forth over his head, happy and excited and carefree as he skipped along the sidewalk on a crystal clear blue sky morning at 8:30 A.M. past the flagpole where the flag was flying at half-mast. It reminded me too much of that innocent morning two years ago when the world changed forever.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NONE OF THE LINKS WORK

...and YES I have AOL...and WAS on AOL

6. J. Vick 71

J. Vick 71 Well-Known Member

Zero out of five for me also.

7. greenvan

greenvan Well-Known Member

I got 5 out of 5 using Microsoft Internet Explorer.

8. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

They work for me

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They must have been FIXED...AFTER THE FACT

10. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

That was a terrible day, impossible to forget.

An incredibly evil imagination became an incredibly evil event and is now an incredibly evil memory. Thank God not everything is that evil.

Thanks to anyone and everyone who bothered to remember the actual events of Sept. 11, 2001.