Wednesday mail call

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by breeze, Oct 3, 2001.

1. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

hey hey hey - Mom got a preapproval from Associates for 25.99% Visa with no annual fee!!! Default is 29.99% woo hoo!!

Crack me up!

2. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Hey, I got that yesterday!! Now I don't feel special anymore :-(

3. SofaKing

SofaKing Well-Known Member

I see they're really passin' on that Fed rate cut!

... NOT!!!

SK

4. Beaker

Beaker Well-Known Member

Ha! I got that offer last week. What kind of drugs are these people doing? The only thing that letter induced me to go do is pull new copies of my credit reports to make sure some freak derog thing didn't show up.

5. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I got one today for there gold card at 12k intrest was 14.99% and if didnt get gold classic was 18.99% i beleive..It is in the garbage :)

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

They must be sending them to everyone with an address.

7. Saar

Saar Banned

I'd take it, no joke. Mine was 18.99% and after a few months, they've lowered it to 9.49% -- my best rate (until Citi "R" stepped in).

They are an excellent lender with no BS fees and great service, unlike Providian. And they report your true limit to all 3 bureaus & charge no annual fee, unlike Capital One.

Saar

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I got their card early on in my recovery. Started out with $700 limit, now at $2,400, but they refused to lower my interest rate. I just keep it for the ratio. I charge something once a month and then pay it at the end of the month, Hopefully they'll come around, but I find them even more frustrating to deal with than Cap One. At least my rate with Cap One has gone down. I took care of the reporting issue, but I keep Cap One just for the ratio also. They are both on my yucky list.

9. Saar

Saar Banned

Breeze:

Call the Associates, ask to speak w/ Credit Maintenance. Then ask that they put in a request to upgrade your Classic card to a Gold one.

This alone should reset your APR to something much more desirable.

Saar

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Will do. Thanks Saar. How do you know all this stuff?

11. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

Some recipe cards (someday I'll learn how to cook) for my little collection and regular ads. Nothing fun!

12. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Okay, today's mail:

Hubby got a prequalified invitation for a Bank of America credit card - CL up to $5000 with a variable rate between 14.74-19.74%.

Hubby, also was prequalifed for a Platinum Visa from the Associates - CL up to $12,000 with a variable rate of 14.99%.

From my health insurance company they covered my $5.31 bill (good thing, I was losing sleep on that one) and a letter asking for a donation to a research hospital.

I get letters in the mail asking for donations almost every day - St Judes, breast cancer awareness, Natl Children's Hospital, March of Dimes, Red Cross, United Way, SPCA, etc. I contribute to 2-3, but I can't afford to contribute to over 100 different organizations. What makes me mad is that the non profit organizations that I contribute to sell my name and address to every other non profit organization. I wish I could donate to all of them, but why do I have to feel guilty to ones that I can't donate too. Does anybody else have this problem?

Dani

PS Sorry, I kind got off the subject.

13. Saar

Saar Banned

Dani, please look at the fine print. Associates issue cards for both Washington Mutual and themselves. Which one is it? Any other info on the offer would be appreciated (such as, how was your hubby's credit at the time they pulled the PRM :))

Thanks,
    Saar

14. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Saar,

After reading the fine print it is an Associates Platinum Visa - no annual fee, but a late fee and over limit fee of $35.00 each. The cash advance is either $5 or 3% of the amount of the cash advance (which ever is greater). Looking at hubby's credit report they pulled it as a PRM on Equifax dated September 13. His FICO score is 720.

Hope this helps.

Dani

15. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

Dani, you're not alone!

I get all those too. I have several in my planner right now, MADD, Cancer Research, Feed the Children, Leukemia Society, Habitat for Humanity... it goes on and on. The reason I hold on to them is that they send me those cute address labels, (I'll never be able to use all the ones I have now!) but I do send them something. I try to do one or two every so often. As soon as I get caught up, here comes 3 more. *sigh*. It does make you feel guilty. Really pulls on the ol heart strings.
    Wish I had the 2 million Julia Roberts does to donate.

16. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Newstdt, what makes me feel really bad is that they give me something. Like as you said, the address labels or cards, or stickers. If I don't donate to the charity that sent me that item I won't use it...it is the whole guilt complex. Each year I donate to the SPCA (because the doggies and kitties are so cute). I also, donate all my other clothes and unperishable food to the my local United Way. And then I donate to either Children's Hospital, March of Dimes, or research to find a cure for diabetes, AIDS, or cancer. That is usually it. Although I still owe the Red Cross my contribution and a pint of blood. I keep waiting for the bloodmobile to come back to Culpeper, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Dani

17. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I donate to St. Judes but what i hate is they hit me up every couple months now..I also give to the vets they send me the address labels but atleast there's is once a year..

18. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Got my e*trade statement. My portfolio lost $485! Oh well....I know people whose portfolios at one point were in the millions now are valued at less than $100k! So I guess I can't be too sick.

19. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Got my new upgraded Citibank Platinum Plus.

20. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

platinum plus??