weird CW alert= soft inquiries

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kit, Aug 9, 2003.

1. kit

kit Well-Known Member

CW has been "missing" alerts on some pretty major changes to my credit report lately... i haven't been too concerned since I have PG as a backup. Today, I get a CW alert, type: new inquiries. The weird thing is that the inquiries they are alerting me to are 4 "Equifax consumer services" inquiries from June and July so they are soft. I've never gotten CW alerts for soft inquiries.... why would they start now? anyone else get this?

2. 8004me

8004me Well-Known Member

I got a message last night and this morning.
    I checked my FICO and does not list any of those in the INQ and score is unchanged.
    Hope it's just a glitch

3. brian71

brian71 Well-Known Member

I got the exact same thing... Equifax hasnt been alerting me of major changes over the past month, but yesterday I got the NEW INQUIRIES alert, and it was all soft EQ inq's. Go figure....

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOU GOT ALERTS????

ME---->365 DAYS---->ALERTS---->ZERO!!!!!!!!

5. direct

direct Well-Known Member

same here. obviously a glitch based on all of the responses.

6. Amy B

Amy B Well-Known Member

Me too. I thought I was the only one weirding out. And I started truecredit (TU) in may and not ONE alert, and I know I've had two inqs.

7. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

I got the same thing. I hadn't applied for any credit in along time so I freaked out.

Come to find out it was 6 equifax inquiries they added from last year?!

Plus an inquiry from 8/02 from Landsafe Credit...have never heard of them...it was an EU inquiry....

What is an EU inquiry?

8. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I just got notifications for my mortgage inquiries from last March.

9. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

March, 2002, that is...

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MORTGAGE???

11. iambroke

Yes, and the weird thing is I already have my mortgage from 1996 and never applied for any other ones in 2002....no refinances, nothing until June 2003 when we refinanced it (closed 8/4 with Chase not Landsafe whoever they are). I have no idea why landsafe is on there from last year.

I think I'll just dispute it.

12. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Landsafe is one of the companies that pulled my credit while I was applying for my mortgage. I think they are simply a reseller of credit data.

13. iambroke

So, why would they pull my credit it I didn't apply for any mortgage in 8/2002?

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: weird CW alert= soft inquiries

ASK FOR A CASHIERS CHECK FOR $500...AND A WRITTEN EXPLANATION FOR THE INQUIRY...AND THE REMOVAL OF THE INQUIRY!!!

15. iambroke

Is there a form letter here that I can send Landsafe? The weird thing is the inquiry was from 8/2002 and it was just put on my report a week ago?

16. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=85487#post85487

The $500 letter or $1,000 letter is just something we call it here for reference...

They know they will have to pay $1,000 probably "IF" they go to SMALL CLAIMS COURT...so they are getting off EASY if they just pay $1,000 or $500 with nobody going to court...

"THEY" must pay court costs, hotel bills, airline tickets, food, etc...(ON TOP OF THE PERSONS WAGES THAT GOES...PROBABLY WAY MORE THAN $500)

The $500 is a FAST PAY discount...15 days from the day they get the CERTIFIED R/R MAIL---$500 IN CERTIFIED FUNDS

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

You need to "DOCTOR" the letter to FIT YOUR SITUATION...

You may want to mention the $1,000 then give them a FAST PAY DISCOUNT...($500 in 15 days)