Weird Letter From E x p e r i a n

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by delgato, Aug 4, 2003.

1. delgato

delgato Well-Known Member

I got a letter from E x p e r i a n today. It goes:

We are responding to your request for a credit report and it just states that I can get a free report if I am looking for a job and other stuff I already know.

The weird thing is that I never requested a report from them. However, I just sent them a verification letter a few weeks ago. Do they have some kind of trick up their sleeves for me? Has anyone seen this before?

--Delgato

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They probably have 100+ FORM LETTERS...somebody just entered the wrong code???

3. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I'd send them back a letter (CRRR) and say something like:

"I never requested a credit report from you. What I did request was the process you used to verify my previous dispute. Since your 30 days is rapidly running out, I look forward to a prompt reply."

I'm not sure if they only have 30 days for verification or not. If you know, change it accordingly. I'm not at a point to look anything up right now. In fact, I'm late getting a report out!

4. breana902

breana902 Well-Known Member

I would just ignore the letter. Like George says, just another form letter you probably got by mistake. I also received one of them from equifax once.