Weird! Retailers National Bank?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hope, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Sitting in my study working and the caller ID says "out of area". <Psssh, I don't anser those!>

But then I hear the guy leaving a message. It starts out,

"This is Joel [Somebody] at Retailers National Bank and it's important that you call me here at 1-800-456-069[X]???? (didn't catch that last number.)

I pick up the phone in mid-sentence and say hello, but it's an automated recording.

Only account I have with Retailers National Bank is my Target Guest Card. It's at $0 balance and has had no activity on it for 2-3 months.

I dig out my Target statement and call the number for Retailers National Bank on it (very different: 1-800-659-2396.) They're puzzled and don't kow what to tell me.

This bites! Do you think they'd call before issuing me a Target VISA?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey hope, have you tried dialing with the last number 0-9 until you reach Joe:)

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

That number would be (800) 456-069[4]

4. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Thanks MP. That was it and the guy is "Joel Simon".

Turns out he was tracking down a guy who've I've gotten phone calls from off and on, since I got this phone number in 1998.

I guess he owes RNB money. The solution: they simply had the collections department remove my phone number from that guy's records.

Funny thing is, when they told me the name, I recognized it immediately! I even gotten phone calls from the are schools trying to reach this couple about their kids. So they're STILL giving out my number as theirs. I mean one time, it was the first week of school and the lady said they had JUST filled out the home phone info. ALL of the other calls have been from creditors, with the exception of the school.

That one really made me feel sorry for them. How scared do you have to be that you give your kid's school the wrong emergency home phone number?

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Maybe they got the area code mixed up???? You should contact that school and have them ask the couple WHY they are giving out YOUR phone number. That's the sort of stuff that drives me NUTS!!

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I was getting that type of call frpm BP amaco. They wanted me to call there TF # and give them the last 4 didigets of my B P Credit card account #.1 Problem I don't have a bp card.
    Called them and told the Rep. this.She said the call was concerning a past due account And they must have the dailer set up to dail my # by mistke and they would correct the error.I ask her how they got my phone #.She said the account holder probably just made up a # to give them and it just turned out to be my phone Number.
    Makes me wonder if This Neg.is on any of my reports! This is another reason we should not have to pay for our own reports.