Wells Fargo Best Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NiceGuy, Sep 30, 2003.

1. NiceGuy

NiceGuy Well-Known Member

What is the best card to get from Wells Fargo? I was looking at the prime rate card but it says it is only for existing WF customers.

My mortgage with them was just paid off two weeks ago by my refi lender so I would no longer qualify in that case. I think I remember that someone here has a 9% fixed with them?

Thanks!
    NiceGuy

2. DHK

DHK Well-Known Member

Wells Fargo has a number of credit cards available.

The Cash Back option will ONLY go up to 1% cash back (there are other better cards out there).

The Prime Rate card is for existing banking or mortgage customers (You can open an account online if you want).

The standard platinum card has many different rates available depending on your credit reports (mainly equifax, but can check any). Fixed rates are as low as 7.99% APR.

My card is a Team Member card and is only available to Wells Fargo employees - so it is fixed at 9%. However, once I stop working for Wells Fargo, the rate may go up.

Wells Fargo doesn't look for a specific FICO score, but your Debts to Income for granting unsecured lines of credit. If you have low debts and balances, you have a good chance for approval.

3. NiceGuy

Thanks, David.

Who do they pull for their cards? Also, on the website I only see variable rate cards, as low as 7.65 depending on credit. Do they still offer fixed cards?

-NiceGuy

4. DHK

DHK Well-Known Member

Lately, most card offers from Wells Fargo are Variable rates.

I have seen pre-qualified offers with fixed rates for existing customers only.

I would get the card, use it a little and ask in 9 months if you can get a lower FIXED rate on your card.

Wells Fargo has no specific "retention" department (believe me, I've tried to ask!), but you can call the regular customer service line at 1-800-642-4720.

5. NiceGuy

Thanks, David. Do they pull Equifax exclusively?

6. DHK

DHK Well-Known Member

I "think" so, but Wells Fargo is known to pull any of the 3.

I'm pretty sure they pull Equifax for the account approval and TransUnion for any CL increases.