Wells Fargo Transfer Offers

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JacquiG, Jan 12, 2001.

1. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone...

I have a Wells Fargo Platinum card that has a 5.9 offer expiring at the end of this month. There is no balance right now, but looking ahead to summer, I would like to use this card to transfer my Citibank when that one expires (!).

Does anyone have experience with Wells as far as frequency of balance transfer offers? Have you received any checks, or called to see what they were offering? Thanks much!

2. Darrell

Darrell Guest

RE: Wells Fargo Transfer Offer

I've found Wells Fargo very hard to deal with lately. I called them to see if they'd match the interest rate on a deal I just got from Citibank. They said no on the rate, but then raised my limit without asking. The last thing I wanted was a higher limit at 18.9 percent, so I transferred the balance to Discover at 5.9 percent.

Even though I don't keep high balances, every dollar counts.

FYI, B of A has a 8.9 balance-transfer-for-life deal going on right now.

The only thing I'm going to do with Wells until they start loosening up is to charge an occasional tank of gasoline just to keep some activity on the card.

I don't want to close Wells because they're good for my balance-to-limit ratio, but they're no card to maintain any kind of a balance on right now.

3. the other

the other Well-Known Member

RE: Wells Fargo Transfer Offer

I called, and they said they weren't offering any balance transfer specials, so I told them I wanted to close my account.