Wells Fargo

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Dani, Feb 19, 2001.

1. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Wanted to know what you guys thought of Wells Fargo and their credit cards? Have two credit cards now (Discover & Amex) would like another. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks,
    Dani

2. Saar

Saar Banned

Personally I think they suck.

I've applied twice for a CC. The first time they declined after pulling a credit report, specifying their reasons. Now get this.

I re-applied after 6 months, when none of the previous denial reasons applied anymore, but was declined again after they pulled another report, for the following reason (only one):

"OUT OF WELLS FARGO BANKING AREA"

Duh! Did you pull a credit report to tell me just that?

I also recall Herb no being impressed by their customer service, And Doris K struggling for months till she could finally get a lower APR.

Whatever your credit rating is, there are better options.

Saar

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I have a car loan and 3 Microsoft MCSE student loans with them. Would they give me one of their high and mighty cards - NO.

4. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I have one of their cards. The APR is so-so, but they are really stingy with the limit. I've had no problems with their customer service.

5. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

LKH: Off Topic

Sorry this is off topic, but a very important question for me:

What MCSE classes did you take? I am taking W2K classes right now. : )
    Student loans through Citibank. I hope they treat me well! Are you finding it easy or difficult to find a job (if looking) with the MCSE. I have about 5 years as a computer technician, networking, and tech support. But I am still at $8. an hour. Computers are my life, and I am not expecting a big *POOF* of magic with my MCSE Cert, but hopefully a little change. I love computers! I play with them all the time, I have a home network I break on purpose (too much playing)! Anyway, what kind of market is there with an MCSE with entry level Network Admin stuff. I want to still be able to do easy stuff (hardware: NICS, stuff like that), along with the general admin stuff (users, performance, rights, ...). Thanks for any advice you can give!

Dustin

6. Darrell

Darrell Guest

Wells Fargo told me they had no rate lower than 18.9 percent, even though their Web site has information to the contrary.

They refused to lower my rate, so I paid off the card and will use it only occasionally for the benefit of a tradeline.

Although I never asked for a limit increase, they upped my line $600 to $3,600 last Christmas.

I've found customer service to be friendly but not helpful. You also can't pay your bill online unless you have a Wells Fargo checking account.

Once, after I'd made a purchase that was much higher than my normal purchases, they called to make sure my card hadn't been stolen. I'd say they're pretty security-conscious, but their standard card is certainly no Cadillac.

7. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

RE: LKH: Off Topic

Thanks you for your advice. Before I posted the question I had heard very little about Wells Fargo. But after listening to everyone I think I'll continue looking for another card.

Dani

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

RE: LKH: Off Topic

I am still taking classes. I started last January (2000) I am currently, A+ and MCP certified. I had never seen Winnt before I started taking the classes. The A+ was very easy for me but I found the NT and workstation classes a little bit on the difficult side. I'm actually thinking about changing gears and going for the Network + certification. I was told that with the A+, MCP and Network + that I would have a well rounded education and certification for finding a job. I have looked for a job here and there not full speed ahead yet. I've found that there are jobs available but as usual everybody wants experience and doesn't want to pay for it. But there are thousands and thousands of jobs out there. Have you tried looking at computerjobs.com? They list jobs from around the country and tons available. Hope this answered you ? Good luck.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I had WELLSFARGO years ago, the only reason I closed it was it had an interest rate that was too high...

CALL 1-800-956-4442 WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

10. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

RE: MCSE jobs (off topic)

The Phoenix area (I live in Tucson) has a lot of networking jobs available with a lot of them starting out at 40-50,000, with some much higher if you have experience.

11. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Move to Silicon Valley...or ma

With those kind of credentials, you will NEVER be out of a job. Starting pay is a rock bottom $50k. But on the flip note, trying finding a room (yes, a ROOM) to rent that's under $700/mo. The average room is renting for at least that to $1k+/mo. And let's not talk about getting your OWN apt. or buying any property here for that matter because it's not happening on that salary. $50k/yr here is like living slightly above the poverty line. Unless you are willing to commute 2+ hrs. to work and 2+ hrs. back??? Oh....it's o.k., people do it all the time! :-(

12. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

RE: Move to Silicon Valley...o

My son has lived in Silicon valley for 20+ years...they have a home (under 1200 sq.ft) they bought for $180k about six years ago. He told me that a house in their neighborhood that was comparable recently sold for $350k.

They are outgrowing their home, but even tho he makes $80+k per yr, don't feel they can afford a larger one that would cost about $500k.

Bottom line, my kids in NM are living more comfortably on less than half the income.
    (teachers!)

MP$40 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    With those kind of credentials, you will NEVER be out of a job. Starting pay is a rock bottom $50k. But on the flip note, trying finding a room (yes, a ROOM) to rent that's under $700/mo. The average room is renting for at least that to $1k+/mo. And let's not talk about getting your OWN apt. or buying any property here for that matter because it's not happening on that salary. $50k/yr here is like living slightly above the poverty line. Unless you are willing to commute 2+ hrs. to work and 2+ hrs. back??? Oh....it's o.k., people do it all the time! :-(

13. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

RE: Move to Silicon Valley...o

The only good thing about silicon valley and the high cost of living, is that the wages they make kinda drive up the wages where I live (By Portland, Oregon). : )
    So, I will only be making about 5-10k less than them, if that. And I will have a much less cost of living. : )
    I can't wait until I buy my house! : ) : )

Gotta fix credit and get a good job... : )
    Getting the experience now...

Dustin
    : ) Yes, I am a happy person, and I love : )'s

14. me

me Well-Known Member

Wells Fargo- damn decent folks

former secured MC cardholder- no complaints with these guys