Western Security Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Sindy, May 15, 2000.

1. Sindy

Sindy Guest

I just got a letter from WSB saying that effective June 9, 2000 they are no longer offering a secured Visa card and that I should not use my card after that date. I am saddened by this as I have just had the card over two months and the interest rate was a low 5.9%. Can anyone suggest another secured card (I already have a Capital One Visa) for which I might apply to replace my WSB one?

Any info/advice would be much appreciated...

2. spyguyjim

spyguyjim Guest

Try First Consumers National Bank, they have no application fees and have a low anual fee. They offer a credit line "up to" 150% of the secured deposit.

http://www.fcnb.com

3. Sindy

Sindy Guest

Has anyone has any first-hand experience with this card. Is it a good company??

4. spyguyjim

spyguyjim Guest

Yes I had an account with them, no complaints. I'm applying for another card, in fact.

5. Sindy

Sindy Guest

They're rates are REALLY high. I want to pay as low an interest rate as possible. That was what was so great about WSB- 5.9%

6. spyguyjim

spyguyjim Guest

Secured Cards

Try checking under cardtrack.com or cardsmart.com and maybe you can find one.

All the secured cards I've ever found are sub-prime, high-interest cards. There is a price for bad credit unfortunately. But if you find a card that is less (without the high up front fees), I'd appreciate the info.

7. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

This truly is a major pity. This card was considered by myself and many others as by far the best as well as being the 2nd easiest (behind those for those with a bankruptcy only such as Net1) to obtain.

Combine that with the recent downgrade of surely the best sub-prime unsecured card offered by Orchard Bank (Household Finance has taken over and is now instituting sub-prime ripoff schemes) and things aren't looking too good for sub-primers.

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Secured Cards

Capitalone's the cheapest i've seen
    $49 for $400 or $99 for $500 limit secured card. $29/yr fee. high interest. Online payment/statements too.

9. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

LETS WRITE/EMAIL WESTERN SECURITY BANK TO ASK THEM TO RECONSIDER THE DECISION OF DISCONTINUING THE CARD. THE MORE PEOPLE WHO SEND LETTERS OF RECONSIDERATION OF THEIR DECISION, MY BE THEY MAY CHANGE THEIR MINDS.

ALSO, MIGHT SUGGEST THAT YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THEIR GOING UP ON THE INTEREST RATE TO 9.5.
    JUST A THOUGHT

10. ALL WSB CA

ALL WSB CA Guest

PLEASE WRITE/EMAIL WSB AND ASK FOR RECONSIDERATION OF THEIR DECISION. ALSO INFORM THEM THAT AS A CARD HOLDER YOU WOULD AGREE TO A NEW INTEREST RATE OF 9.5 AT MOST.

11. Mary

Mary Guest

I think that this is a great idea. I would be willing to pay this as it is still an extremely reasonable rate. Perhaps we can e-mail our messages as time is of the essence. Operations manager is Angela Otey ad her e-mail is aotey@wsbank.com. Thanks!

12. dee

dee Guest

YES. WE NEED THIS CARD TO REMAIN AVAILABLE. I THINK A 9.5% RATE WOULD BE REASONABLE AND I WOULD AGREE TO IT.