what a shame

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by curiouser, Apr 23, 2001.

1. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

I apparently missed the thermonuclear war that erupted on this board this weekend. From various posts, I've been able to glean that it was not pretty. People, this has got to stop! We keep losing knowledgeable people on this board -- J. Edgar is the latest casualty. I understand that there have been numerous sources of frustration on this board. (I keep hoping that Bobby will be abducted by aliens.) I also know that I don't agree with every tactic that people on this board advocate. I don't have to. On a bulletin board one should be able to raise my questions and differences of opinion in a civil manner and obtain a civil response.

If we keep placing our personalities above the information this board is going to be little more than a useless echo chamber ("I'm fabulous!" "No, I'm fabulous!"). Not to belittle anyone who has used this forum or who has provided useful information, but really who are any of us to set ourselves up on a pedestal? A little perspective is in order. What are we doing other than providing some useful information based on personal experience? We haven't found a cure for cancer. We haven't created a beautiful piece of art. And from the looks of what happened this weekend, many of us haven't contributed to world peace.

This board has survived the loss of others, so it will survive the loss of J. Edgar. But I don't think this board can lose too many more of his caliber before its pretty useless. So could we ratchet down the egos a bit? None of us are gods, kings or queens (although I reserve to be a diva in the privacy of my home.)

Best wishes and peace to all on this board who work to make it a place of knowledge and empowerment.

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Amen.
    What we really need to do is ignore the posts. I am not an expert at fixing credit, but I do think my way of thinking can benefit others. Use your credit to profit from it.

http://www.creditsense.com

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Well said, curiouser!

Marci