What about Umbrella Bank?????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bbauer, Apr 28, 2001.

1. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I've been with Compubank for quite a long time now and I've been a real happy camper, but as most know, they are selling out to Netbank.

I've received several communications from Netbank including 4 sets of checkbooks for my accounts just today which I wont be able to use until May 12 because the accounts won't actually be activated until then they say.

But I just don't like the way their accounts are set up to work, don't like the terms at all. And they don't have anywhere near the customer service that Compubank had and you can't do all the on-line stuff you could do at Compubank either and that's vital to the way I do business on the net.

So I've been looking for another place to do business and I noticed a reference to Umbrella bank on here dealing with their credit cards. Don't remember the post, not important.
    But using that post's reference to Umbrella Bank, I decided to check them out so I called them up and it looks like their whole program comes just about as close to what Compubank had as I've seen anywhere yet. They sound almost perfect except they don't do business accounts, and I guess I can live with netbank for a while on my business checking.
    if I have to.

Anybody got any comments on Umbrella Bank? Anything I ought to know about before I jump?

Bill Bauer
    bbauer1@netzero.net