What after partial validation?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by poragadu, Sep 18, 2003.

1. poragadu

poragadu Member

Hi,

I sent a validation request to CA on 9/4. Validation letter is same as th eone in sample letters forum. I received a letter back from them today. This has 2 pages.
    1 page is a letter from them saying "find the documentation requested ... Contact immmediately"

2nd page: 3/4 of this is partial copy of my contract. 1/4 is suppossed to be the statement. It's something like this:

date amount balance
    08/01/99 34.99 279.92
    03/01/00 34.99 244.93
    07/26/00 244.93 0
    They added the following text with pen
    + 20 coll fee
    ----------
    264.93 amount owed ----> coc

I don't know what coc is. May be the interest calculated?

There isn't anything in this to say they own this debt or any other form to say paying them will close the a/c or anything about claiming tax.

I am willing to pay. I will try to settle it for the original amount (264.93). Can anyone suggest or share your experience on how to deal with this.

1. Should I ask them for complete validation? What do I gain? I looked at the bbb site for they name (Ryan & Reed). They have some complaints, but all of them are closed. So I guess that's good for them.

2. Last time I checked this is not in CR yet. (I was mistakenly thought it's already there). Should I ask them not to report it if I pay and get that on paper? Do CAs send you that?

Thanks
    Pora

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1*page is a letter from them saying "found the documentation requested ... Contact immmediately"
    2*I will try to settle it for the original amount (264.93).
    3*Can anyone suggest or share your experience on how to deal with this.
    poragadu
    =================
    1*They can't have you call them because they found it they have to send the validation to you.
    2*Wrong idea?
    3*Ignore the BS they sent.
    30 days after they got the VL send the esdtoppel
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''