What are everyone's goals this

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Jan 1, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

First off Happy New year to all:) Just curious what everyone's credit goals are for the new year?? Let's all hope we accomplish what we set out to do this year and have much success. My goal is to get some bills down increase my score and get a great mortgage rate for my new home. How about you??

Mom

2. MrBelvedr

MrBelvedr Guest

RE: What are everyone's goals

Happy New Year to everyone! My goal is to buy a house! Thanks to everyone on the board, I have raised my score dramatically. In June when I went to buy a Toyota the Toyota financing turned me down because I had NO score. My score did not even register on their system it was so low. After some wrangling they approved me for some reason. Then I got a Capital one card, then Citibank, Acme bank, Target, BOA. And I disputed the hell out of my derog defaulted student loans and some other stuff. I just pulled my report from qspace.com, and my score is 692! I am psyched. The major thing that helped was getting my mom to add me as a joint owner to her BOA card she has had since 1995. I am psyched!

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

No Hangover Here!

Mom - your message was @7:14 am. Either you stayed up all night or got up early - here, several friends got together for a few minutes, had a drink, watched the San Fran fireworks - then I went to bed :)

GOALS:

1. Upgrade to AMEX Gold Card
    2. Close out all small accounts in next 90
    days
    3. Save 15% of income into Membership Bank
    CD acct
    4. Add another AMEX - maybe Blue
    5. No inquiries - I will not apply for
    additional credit until 5-01; and that
    will be for the AMEX Blue or Gold Card.

That's the big plan here. Of course I'll take any pre-approved, prime, Visa or Mastercard as well.

Hope everyone else posts their goals. It helps clarify the goal when posting it on email.

Have a great 2001 and keep on sharing information.

Dogman

4. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Our goals are to keep paying 19.47% APR to all our members. Since we did not meet our 2 million in 2000 goal, we will scale back to 1.5 million by the end of 2001. It will not be easy to accomplish without some help, but it is our goal nonetheless.
    May you all accomplish yours.

http://www.creditsense.com

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

10:14 a.m. here

I am on the east coast and I believe this board post west coast time. Quiet nite here hubby and I and my dear daughter watched the ball drop and went to bed:)

MY ultimate 2001 goals

1. NO inquiries:)
    2. No new accounts
    3. Close 2 more accounts
    4. Raise scores
    5. Pay down debt
    6. Save money
    7. Get mortgage

Let's hope I can do this all:)

Mom

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Good for you. you seem to be on the road to home ownership. Good luck and keep it going:)

7. Killer

Killer Guest

I'd like to join in.

My goals are:

1)Pay off the balances on my three collection/charge-offs in exchange for deletion

2) Settle my repo in exchange for deletion

3) Re-finance my high interest rate car loan

8. Carrot

Carrot Guest

My goal is to improve my overall credit rating by:

1. Paying the balance to below 50% on my Providian Visa

2. Getting those two pesky judgments off my credit report, even if I have to hire Lexington to do it.

3. No more inquiries, except for the secured Amex when it becomes available!

Happy New Year everyone!

9. molly

molly Well-Known Member

1. Remove remaining 11 negative items on my reports by Aug. 2001. Me and my bf are going to move in together and he doesn't exactly know my situation. I want it to be as clean as possible. Great motivation!!!
    2. Close Target, balance is zero, will do this tomorrow.
    3. Combine Cap One cards in April (that will be six months for the gold card)
    4. Continue to save $200 a month in Optima account (opened with $200 now have $1000). This will eventually be used as a down payment for a new car.
    5. Close Speigel account, haven't used the card yet, got it in Oct or Nov.
    6. Hook my cell phone up with a monthly service, At&t.
    7. Combine Citibank cards, Can I do that?
    I was bad last night, I applied for AA card and received $2500 limit. I did this in Oct and received $2000 limit and then upgraded to platinum.
    8. No MORE INQUIRES
    9. RAISE MY SCORE, I think with all of the above it will raise it.
    Good luck everyone!!!

10. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

My goals:

1. Buy a fabulous house for me and my partner.

2. Keep my score high enough to qualify for a 100 or 103 mortgage for #1.

3. Stay on top of my credit reports and dispute every error on them, no matter how trivial.

4. Keep out of debt. I managed to pay it all off in Y2K and I'm going to stay that way.

5. Close or consolidate a couple more credit card accounts.

6. Pay cash whenever possible in furtherance of #4.

7. "Spread the Wealth" on some of the automatic charges I have so that I have payments each month on the remaining cards. The small amounts and payment history each month will bump the score.

8. Continue to offer people what I hope they will find to be helpful advice on this forum, and of course, provide the eviscerating, sarcastic responses to those posts that merit them.

Happy New Year everyone.

11. river

river Well-Known Member

Switch from being a bottom and convert to being on top!!!!!!LOL!!! For those that ARE lost or turning bluein the face,please let me put it in LAYMAN terms:Bottom(sub-prime);Top(prime).Still don't believe me,uh???????Oh well,think I better move on from here while I'm AHEAD.LMFAO!!!!GUYS & gals,please forgive me,it's the once-a-year hangover I am recovering from.Can you read between the lines and see where I spent last night?Oh, my HEAD...???????ALL in humor folks,bye and have a happy new year with lots of joy and happiness.

12. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

And so how as the New Year's Eve party at Ye Olde Bath House?

13. Angela

Angela Guest

To dispute and get rid of my c

from 3 years ago. I will join Junum as soon as someone tells me they work.

14. miles

miles Well-Known Member

My goal is plain & simple. To get out of subprime hell! ;-)
    I will have all major negatives dropped from my reports in 2-3 months. I can't wait! The only negative I will have will be a 30 day late from 4 years ago. Not a major problem, but I'm going to dispute the hell out of that with the creditor and the CRA's. Hope it works.
    I went to Q space today and my credit score was 693. Not bad. I hope this is pretty accurate. It should go up even further when my negatives drop. I will also have an auto loan paid in full next month with no lates. It was a 36 month loan, but will be paid 8 months early. This should help me as well, even though I am planning to purchase another vehicle in approximately 6 months. I must say I really think this is going to be a good year for me. I hope it will be the same for everyone else. Happy New Year! :)

15. Killer

Killer Guest

I hope you spent last night on the top and not the bottom....My shot at humor!

16. river

river Well-Known Member

Killer,happy new year!!!!!!!!Hope your goals are completed by year end.Time is on your side.BIG goals you got.If you got your mind set,you'll get there. I seen a billboard today and it said:"Dreams are really goals with deadlines." I thought about that as i was sitting at the redlight and said to myself,"That is so true."Just words of wisdom.My goal is simple,as I stated earlier.BTW,great sense of humor yo have.Later.

17. river

river Well-Known Member

Is that where I was? I'm glad somebody remembered,because I certainly didn't.All I know is that
    i felt like a DOG:).LOL!!!!!!Hope 2001 is even better for you.Good Luck with your goals. Stumbling across this board,by accident,was the best thing that happened to me last year(Sept.2000).And I am keeping my goal simple this year.