What are my chances

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MrBadFico, Jun 22, 2001.

1. MrBadFico

MrBadFico Active Member

OK, People. Now if I may let me explain to you my credit report:
    1 American General Date opened 4/96, last activity 12/96 status is an I5, date reported 10/97, Previous pay history was 1time 60 day; 5 times 90 +
    2. Bank of America, even with the letter I received from these bozos, I decided to call em and ask why the paper they sent says paid in full and the credit file say settled she gave me a bunch of mumbo jumbo saying I settled dont recall doing so, I recall it appening like this, I thought I was finished paying my car off after a few months they called said I sill owed them money, in whhich I paid it in full and now this crap but all that said this is how it report on the credit report: open 8/94 last act 4/00 status I9 date reported 2/01 SETTLEMENT ACCEPTED ON THIS ACCOUNT
    3. Discover Financial open 6/95 last act 11/96 status R9 date reported 6/01 I did an online investigation on this one. Came back verified previous paying history 3 times 30 dys late, 3 times 60 days late, 8 times 90 + late
    4. Hechts open 12/91 last act 5/01 status R1 date reported 5/01 previous payment history 3 times 90 + late
    5. AT&T Universal Card Svs Date open 12/95 lastact 11/97 status R9 date reported 6/01
    Charged off accont credit card
    also did online dispute with this one, needless to say but this is my equifax report.
    Looking at my 5 derogs, what kind of sucess do you think I can have and how soon till sucess for this bad of a report???

2. river

river Well-Known Member

It could be worst,but there is light at end of tunnel. I have seen some with 10 to 12 charge-offs.It will take a little time and patience with you being presistant.Do not pay any of the charge-offs. You are 1/2 past sol on those, car note can be the easier to correct.the other with r1 but w/3x90days can be fairly easy to have updated to a positive. Do you have any positive trades in good standing with no lates r1?If not, get a few good trades under your belt.In all actually,your report would be one of the easier ones to clean up with 6months to year.Good luck.

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

When you disputed them, what reason did you give? Did you say "not mine?"

4. MrBadFico

MrBadFico Active Member

Problem is on my credit reports all of em are 0 balances except for Discover, they say I owe 430 although itsays charged off. I do have a few trade lines open cao1 and a joint car loan.

5. MrBadFico

MrBadFico Active Member

I disputed online as not mine. Came back freakig verified. What next???

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

If something came back verified, my next step was to do a validation letter with the creditor and/or collection agency. Have you done that? If not, that might be in order!

7. MrBadFico

MrBadFico Active Member

Validation letter where can I get one? Can you send one to me???

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

9. MrBadFico

MrBadFico Active Member

I owe nothing are these letters still usable. Noone has sent me any letters.

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Yes, I send them when I find something on my credit reports, too. Not just when I receive something in the mail. :) You aren't saying you owe anything..you are asking them to tell you the status

11. MrBadFico

MrBadFico Active Member

No creditor or nothing like a collection agency has sent anything. I paid via settlement with a few of these a year ago before knowing any of this info.

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Yup...I still use this...but only when the regular dispute issue hasn't worked..

I just had one removed this way.

13. MrBadFico

MrBadFico Active Member

So Nana if its none of my business cool, but I am wanderin how bad your credit was when you began and how long do you thik I have got before I get 40% of this crap cleaned up???

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, my credit itself wasn't really bad..but my ex-hubby's wife used my SS# and then I had her stuff...that stuff was bad..so I had an advantage in that I was cleaning up big mistakes..

It has been 9 months that I've been working on it and I only have one item left! :)

15. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

NanaC.. isn't that called Identity??

Please..... tell me how long it has been since you first found out about what was going on, what you have all you have done, and is there easy/anyway of finding who all may has issued credit in your name (other than inquires on your credit report). That way you can let them know in advance a certain account is fraudlent.

If I am wrong about your situation...... I do applogize! I really need all the help I can find. My problem is... I am from a small town most attorneys don't have a clue. I really can't afford to go out of town and then have to pay a lawyer on top of it all....!!!!

Then to top it all off.... Most Trade Lines I had for years was deleted due to fraudlent activity and now I have a minumal amout of credit..!@!@#@ The whole process is just crazy...!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hmm..you mean, Identity Theft? If so, yes, I believe so.

I first found when I called to get car insurance with a company I had insurance with previously after my divorce and remarriage. They said I couldn't get insurance as I already had a policy...as codriver with the ex...only...my name was her name, my SS was the same...then I got a credit card statement for a jewelers...then the credit report...Those were my only clues.

As I said, I've been working on it for about 9 months!