What are my options??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by stableizin, Sep 26, 2008.

  1. stableizin

    stableizin Member

    Hi. First off, thank you all active posters! This is a great site and I have been trying to read up for some time. I am finally trying to dispute and hopefully remove some of the derogatory items from my reports. I have signed up for Truecredit so I can continue to update my reports and FICO as needed.

    That said, I have a collections from a medical related debt from 2005. I disputed on-line with all of the CB's. Only four (4) days later Equifax came back verified with the following :

    California Business Bureau,inc; Collection Reported 09/2008; Assigned 08/2005; Client - Scrippshealth LA JOLLA; Amount -
    $618 ; Status as of 09/2008 - Unpaid; Date of 1st Delinquency 01/2005; Balance as of 09/2008 - $619 ; Last Payment Date 01/0;
    Individual Account; Account # - XXXXXXX; Address: 1711 S Mountain Ave Monrovia CA 91016-4256 : (626) 303-1515

    I find it hard to believe that the CA was able to verify this so quickly but that is what I have...I disputed as not mine since honestly I don't know what this is for. I've had health insurance so I honestly don't know what this was for...so my question is...what's my best approach to get this removed?

    Do I

    a)wait 3 months until 01/2009 when the SOL should be up before approaching the CA to remove since the 1st day of Delinquency was 01/2005 and I have not paid/contacted them since then and if I read correctly the SOL for California is 4 years...

    b)contact the CA and ask them to show me a contract or other legitimate form with my signature etx

    c)try a pay for delete type agreement with the CA for a negotiated lessor amount

    d)some combination of above


    e) other?

    I am current with all of my current credit lines and have been for over a year. Please let me know what you think is my best option and thank you!!! in advance!

    TU - 666
    EX - 581
    EQ - 663
    (based on what Truecredit shows...)
  2. jjgross

    jjgross Well-Known Member

    Why not try to contact who furnished the service and see when this charge happened.It could have been covered under ins,that never got billed.
  3. greg1045

    greg1045 Well-Known Member

    You mentioned that you did have health insurance. Contact them first and demand to see what was paid on the claim, and what they did not pay. THe amount that you allegedly owe now might be what the insurance did not pay.
  4. stableizin

    stableizin Member

    Thank you both for the reply. In 2005 I was working for a company that was constantly changing our health plan so I onestly don't recall who my insurance was through. Perhaps my doctor will have that record...I'll check.

    So, what do I do if I can't get the insurance to cover it? Also, how will that help me remove it from my reports? Will it not just move to paid if the insurance covers it?

    What is I can't get the insurance info or cannot get them to cover it? What's my next best option?

Share This Page