What are my Rights... HELP??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MartysGirl, Jul 24, 2001.

1. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Today.... I got a letter in the mail from Associates National Bank. It is saying I was denied credit for insufficient recent activity on my credit report.

Here is the problem...!!!!!!

First......... I never applied for this card!!

Second..... They pulled my credit report, equifax hard inquiry, with out calling me!!! I have listed on my credit report to phone me b/f pulling and issuing credit to anyone!!

I am soooo sick of this....!! This proves to me that fraud alerts do NOT work!!! I know the credit card company is responsible for contacting me which makes them at fault! But.... What else can I do instead of just writing the FTC!! I am so sick of writing to people and nothing getting done!!!

MartysGirl

2. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Martysgirl,

I had the same thing happen to me, but from AT&T. They sent an approval letter to my old address (i recently moved) which was forwarded to me. When called AT&T about this, they said it's an automated error that sometimes occurs. What kin of answer is that?! Nonetheless, I now have a hard inquiry from AT&T on my report for an account I never applied for.

3. MartysGirl

Andrew...

Did you have a Fraud Alert with the credit reporting agencies???

That is the part that makes me so mad...!! They did not acknowledge the fact that I had an alert!!

This is why people can get credit in other peoples names. The companies don't care!!!!

MartysGirl

4. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I completely agree with you Marty.

But what can u expect from Experian!

Cypri:)

5. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Of course based on past experiences, I assume you are talking about EX.

Cypri-)

6. MartysGirl

Hi Cyprigirl ... ;-)

No, I am talking about Equifax.

Can I not SUE any of these banks or credit card companies who are not contacting me like they should??? I know this last company didn't issue credit. BUT.. they still left a Hard inquiry on my credit report that SHOULDN'T be there!!!!

I am sick of writing the FTC and having nothing done to help!! There has to be something else I can do to stop this!!

MartysGirl