what are the cras up to now?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by shawbee, Oct 4, 2003.

1. shawbee

shawbee Well-Known Member

My husband provides credit card equipment and processing to small business so we get info from the other point of view i.e. credit card issuers and the like. The monthly magazine came out and it seems that certain cras or all of them are selling services so that say if card a's client is seeking new credit, or has a brand new derog the credit card company is alerted within 24 hours. So its not only that they are reviewing your cr every month, they are being alerted by the cras for bucks immediately. Guess its pretty lucrative to be getting money from both sides.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DAILY ALERTS was mentioned here a while ago...

INSTANT "JACKAGE"

3. shawbee

Just seems wrong. Equifax has deleted credit limits on all three citi cards on our report and replaced with n/a. Wonder if citi is getting that alert. Hey maybe they will see and fix it. Fat chance lol.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: what are the cras up to now?

YOU CAN DISPUTE THE N/A AS NOT ACCURATE...

BUT you always risk loosing the account FOREVER!!!

5. shawbee

Re: Re: what are the cras up to now?

would that also apply to current card that are reporting each month as these are.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: what are the cras up to now?

I LOST AMEX BLUE FROM EXPERIAN---FOREVER

CREDIT LIMIT--->N/A

CORRECT CREDIT LIMIT $15,500

POOF---GONE!!!

AMEX BLUE "DID" UPDATE EVERY MONTH

7. shawbee

Re: Re: Re: what are the cras up to now?

The problem is what does it do to our score to have balances with no credit limit. Does the fico score it at 100%. What happened was I paid down balances and I wanted that reported. I guess I should have said update balance and credit limit.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: what are the cras up to now?

IT IS NOW A CAPITAL ONE ACCOUNT!!!

CAPITAL ONE makes it "LOOK" like is NEVER is anything except 100% used at ALL TIMES!!!

9. shawbee

Re: Re: Re: Re: what are the cras up to now?

Not that I want to defend Crapital One but at least there is a high balance on that one. Apparently my high balance is also n/a. Thank you equifax.