What can I do???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by brainwashd, Sep 24, 2003.

1. brainwashd

brainwashd Member

I have a couple of questions
    1. I am showing a Collections on my CR but this account was paid in full to the orginal creditor ( a telephone company). I have a letter stating that this account was paid in full in May. The CA is reporting that is was sent to them in July. Is this a violation? I realize I need to send a letter to the CRA but do I need to send one to the CA as well?

2. Is there anything that can be done to remove a paid collections account? This is the biggest blemish on my CR causing my score to dip below 600. I would really like to repair this if I can. At this point it is not showing that is account was paid, if is was showed as paid would this raise my score or am I just screwed?

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1. I am showing a Collections on my CR but this account was paid in full to the original creditor
    2*I have a letter stating that this account was paid in full in May.
    3* I realize I need to send a letter to the CRA but do I need to send one to the CA as well?
    4* Is there anything that can be done to remove a paid collections account?
    5*if this was showed as paid would this raise my score ?

Brainwashed
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXX
    1 * Who is collecting?
    2*Did you know they can still report a paid collection?
    3*No: What you do is send the CA the validation letter. After they get it dispute with the CRA.
    4* Yes. However if it was paid to the OC before the CA got a hold of it there wasn't any collection.
    5 * What it will do is keep your score low for more years than necessary.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''