What Can I do?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, Mar 25, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Hi, Im decided to post becuase I would appreciate any or everyones oppinion on whats going on with me and my credit problems: Here we go!
    -I was credit stupid when I started college. I didnt know anything about credit nor did I have anyone to teach me. I learned and I'm still learning on my own.

-1998, summer before i started college, got mbna cc...maxed it out. CURRENTLY, I have (2) 30days, (3) 60days, (7) 90+days on all 3 credit files.

-1998, Got ATT universal, some lates also, got the entire account deleted off of trans union only so far.

-1998, Got an MBNA loan, defulted on it and it was charged off. Recently got it deleted off of my trans union (thanks to junum.com!)

-Currently, I have 10 inquries on trans union, 15 inquires on experian, 22 inquires on equifax all in the last 12 months.

-Ive joined junum, went through round 1, with some success on trans union, charge off was deleted as well as 3 inquires.

-currenly, i have 3 credit cards in great standing, 1 providian $100 limit, 2 capital ones(SECURED)one $300 and other $500 limit.

-Last night fround out fico score from equifax credit file of 605.

-my trans union is my best credit report so far, experian and equifax contain the same info with more inquires on equifax.

-----I DONT NO HOW TO INTERPRET THIS ALL ------
    -----I DONT NO WHERE TO GO FROM HERE-----
    -----I STILL CANT GET APPROVED FOR ANYTHING!----
    -----I THINK IM ABOUT TO GO NUTS!!!---------
    PLEASE HELP!

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the board. The very first thing I would do is stop applying for credit. You have too many inquiries on all three credit reports. Inquries are considered a sign of desperation by the banks. I would not apply for anything for a good year until the inquiries age. Next, I would work on the credit you have. You mentioned you have a MBNA credit card and an ATT Universal with several lates. I would pay off both of these accounts. Are these accounts opened, currently? After paying both accounts off you could dispute the lates, but the lates being so new I am almost positive that they will come back verified. Keep the credit you have in good standing. Just as it took awhile to damage your credit it will take awhile to repair it. Be patient. Keep paying on time and use your credit responsibly. If you have any questions or just feel like venting the board is here to help. Best of luck.

Dani

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

MBNA and ATT are both reported as closed at credit grantors request. Att was recently paid off. The company is being a dick about removing the lates. Im trusting in junum to help me! Ill keep you posted.
    Thanks for your replies in advance!

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: What Can I do?
    Author: Dani (---.tnt3.warrenton.va.da.uu.net)
    Date: 03-25-01 09:34

Hi, welcome to the board. The very first thing I would do is stop applying for credit. You have too many inquiries on all three credit reports.

Inquries are considered a sign of desperation by the banks. ========SO WHAT>IT'S time they looked only at the facts instead of making assumptions!!!!

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

PSUGirl,
    Hi, I think that you have too many inquiries on all your credit reports. I heard the account is closed by credit grantors and it is not good because they closed because you cannot them and they forced them to close your accounts. I sugguest you to get a secured card for a year or two and try pay them on time for rebuilding your credit rating. About a year or two, try to apply for unsecured Visa/MC card from Capital One or Providian. Good luck to you.

6. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Closed by grantor

I know this has been discussed before, but I think that an account closed by credit grantor's request is not necessarily negative. The reason I say this is I have and old dept. store account that I hadn't used for a long time. My equifax shows no lates, $0 owed and most charged. It shows closed at grantor's request, but the account is listed in the section of my report for "positive accounts". I believe this is probably just not rated. My FICO score was 743 with Equifax.

7. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Re: Closed by grantor

lb,

I agree with you that banks should stop making assumpations, but there not. I find scores to be pure doo doo (read my latest tirade on FICO). Unfortunately, until the banks make it a priority to "trust the customer" they will continue to judge us by a three digit #. Until they change their ways too many inquiries are considered a no-no.

Dani