What do I do? PLEASE?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dustin, Jul 5, 2001.

1. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

A collection agency just called me regarding a visit to a clinic. We told them we had insurance, and I would mail them the insurance info when I got home (we were 200 miles away). I did, but the letter got returned. After multiple letters (and them getting returned), I gave up. Now, they want $120 (the original was $50). So, since I have made my full effort to pay the original creditor, but they could not be reached (by phone or mail), and they did NOT bill insurance, and the creditor has it now, what are my options. This really sucks....

Thanks, guys and gals. I know you will have some good advice for me...

Dustin

2. cable666

cable666 Well-Known Member

Demand verification of the debt from the CA. Also demand from the CA who at the creditor they are working with so that you can finally contact them directly.

3. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

Do you by any chance still have the returned letters?
    Yours is tough. Gotta think on this one.

4. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Nope, I don't have the returned letters. And she says we only have 10 days to pay.

5. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

10 days to pay or what? They break your kneecaps? It's already with a collection agency, so don't sweat it. They're trying to scare you.

I'm a stubborn little sh** so I would fight them tooth & nail. There must be some way to defend yourself, I just don't know it.

ANYONE??