What do you do with mulitple cards?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dani, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Just a question outside of curiosity. Steph asked an earlier question if 12 cards were too many. I was wondering those with 10 or more cards what do you do with them? Do you use them all? All they used for particular things or maybe special sales? I use my CompUSA because it offers 0% interest for six months on items priced $299 or higher, but I may use it an average of once a year. Thanks for anyone's input.

Dani

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

FLEET 0.00% BT & PURCHASES ($7.00 available for an emergency).

MBNA AMERICA QUANTUM 1.70% on BT, purchases 11.99% so it is NOT used for purchases.

BofA PRIME on BT, purchases 16.90%, so it is NOT used for purchases.

Various other cards 2.99%-9.99%.

I use specific cards for specific reasons.

3. threnody

threnody Member

DO NOT GET A FLEET CARD!!! If you close the account with a balance, your interest rate will immediately become 26.99%.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I TOOK IT ANYWAY...mine has 0.00% on BT and PURCHASES with a "GO-TO" 9.99%...(not available to the "general" public).

I just won't close it with a balance.

5. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Be careful with fleet George. I haven't heard many raving reviews of their company. Don't let them deck ya' like they've done to many others.

6. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I think GEORGE is well ahead of them ;)

7. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I use different cards for different purposes. For ex: I use Blue for rewards points, the 9.99% fixed rate, and best value guarantee (great for electronics with prices that keep falling). The other card I use for rewards points is my Citibank Sony card.

If I want to carry a balance I use either Blue or Bofa Platinum (9.99%). For cash advances, MBNA Quantum has a good rate with no fees. I know having lots of cards is not good for FICO, but it's tough to cancel these types of cards.

8. Hermit5

Hermit5 Well-Known Member

I personally like to play BlackJack with mine!