What do you guys think??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MartysGirl, Jul 15, 2001.

1. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

I got four offers to apply for in the mail yesterday. None of them was a "pre-approved" offers. Do you guys think I should apply for any of these? How hard are they to get if I am no "pre-approved" And does this mean I may be moving up for sub-sub-prime to sub-prime? ;-)

1. Chase = Continental Airlines
    2. Discover (student)
    3. At&T Universal Card

I LOVE THIS BOARD....LOL

MartysGirl

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

3. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

I hear that the Continental Card is pretty hard to get.

I would not mess with the Discover Card at all!!! I have had this card for 11 months with no increase in the CL, plus they raised my APR for no apparent reason.

I do not carry a balance on this card and I transfer like 5-15 dollars a month just to PISS them OFF. And then I pay in FULL.

There are better cards out there for students. I got the AMEX charge for students, with several open credit lines. They only require no negative items and verification that you are a student.

AS for AT&T, I have no knowledge of this card or their selection criteria.

Good Luck,

I personally like Citibank. They have been good to ME!!!! I have over 11k in credit with them.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Reshod
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I would not mess with the Discover Card at all!!! I have had this card for 11 months
    with no increase in the CL, plus they raised my APR for no apparent reason.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    11 MONTHS...TRY WAITING 5 YEARS...

5. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Sorry George, how could I post such a selfish post, when others are suffering more than I.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I'm suffering so much...I wrote another letter to them today to ask what happened to the other $5,500.00 of my credit line increase I asked for.

:)

7. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

:) Good Luck

I think i will write a letter telling them all the other lines i have and how they are wasting my time!!!!!

I already cut their card up, i just want to waste more of their paper, time, and resources!

Ask for an increase for me TOO, PLEASE!!!

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I'M ALSO SUFFERING WITH DISCOVERCARD BECAUSE I HAVE 16.49%
    NEW PEOPLE...14.99%

NEW PEOPLE BALANCE TRANSFERS 1.9%...ME 9.9%
    THEM 6 MONTHS...ME ~3 MONTHS

9. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I am only familiar with the AT& T card. I've had mine for 11 months and have gotten two credit line increases automatically. The APR started at 14.49 and now is 11.99 with fed cuts. When I got the card, I transferred a balance at 2.9 for nine months. Since then, I have charged a few things on it each month to keep it active. Mostly, I use my rewards cards for everyday purchases. No problems with AT & T so far. They do give you $100 in free calls but you wouldn't want to use the card for these after you've exhausting the $100 because the rates are too high.

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

My mom just got a sears..they gave her $5600..so she freaked out and closed them (I know..go figure)..and today a Discovercard "pre-approval." She asked my advice..Sigh..Mom..keep sears, lose Discovercard...

Now, she's getting neither..she shredded them both.

I personally hate Discover...just wanted to share that moment with everyone. LOL