What do you mean when you say

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Jan 14, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I read in a post that someone is re-ordering their reports so they can start another dispute. I have never re-ordered my reports for a new dispute. I just wait about 3 or 4 weeks after the last dispute has been completed and then start another dispute. I haven't had them deny any of my disputes yet (knock on wood). I guess what I'm trying to ask or say is you don't have to keep re-ordering your reports (unless a long length of time has passed in between disputes). They give you an updated report with the results. I use that to start my next dispute and I never reference the report #.

But from what I've read(online) is you are supposed to wait 30 days in between disputes but I haven't. I even started an online dispute with Equifax the same day the previous dispute was completed(I know this because I checked online everyday). I also have read in repair books that you should be persistent and keep at the bureaus. As soon as you get the results you're supposed to start the next. You redispute using stronger language for the original dispute that wasn't removed and then add another item. I guess what I'm trying to find out is are you paying when you say you're re-ordering your reports? This is for anyone to answer.

2. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

RE: What do you mean when you

Molly,

It may have been me who mentioned that. I order my reports twice a year from the big 3 b/c I live in GA, where consumers are entitled to two free reports per year. I have been ordering the reports twice a year since late 1998, when I began the process of credit rebuilding. After I do the disputes, I wait for the updated reports to return, and then wait a few months and order new reports. This way I can track my progress on a regular basis....YMMV. ;-)

Cheers,
    Cindy