What do you think my fico

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Mar 14, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

score is: On my experian report, it states that I have 16 accounts listed with creditors. Out of 16, only 8 are in good standing. :eek:(

Can you give me an estimated guess as to what my credit score might be??

2. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I think people with collections or charge-offs are usually between 500-600. I think there are many parts of the FICO score that will treat 10 collections as just as bad as 1 collection. So the number of negatives might not be the thing it is actaully the fact that you have a negative which is hurting. Of course if those negatives are 2+ years old and you have done a good job rebuilding for the past 2 years then I think you could get a score in the 650-700 range.

This is all sort of guesswork on my part. A realtor or someone who has seen many reports w/ scores might be able to give you a better idea. I have just read a lot about it though...

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I believe they all score differently as well. I got a true reports last October. My hubby's scores ranged quite a bit.

TU 660: 5 accounts good standing one collection
    Ex 626: 5 accounts good standing , clean no derogs
    Eq 580: 5 accounts good standing, one collection ( that puzzled me)

True Eq and Ex had more inquires but not much different from TU. I don't think we will ever figure this out!!

4. mother2

thanks!

I feel a little better. Wish I had the nerve to have a mortgage co pull my report.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: thanks!

go get the free score at qspace/iplace, its accurate within about 10% of beacon and such.

with 8 negatives your score should be in the low 500's like 520-540 if they are all about 4-5 years old.

My profile was similar, about 9 negatives, 4 closed positives, and 4 open positives, all negatives fall off in 2003, i got like 522.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

oops its not free anymore. I forgot.
    worth the $10 bucks.

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

500's.

8. mother2