What else Can I do???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MartysGirl, Aug 28, 2001.

  1. MartysGirl

    MartysGirl Well-Known Member

    All right... do you remember me writing about a company who asked my mother for her social? Everyone said don't do it. Send a copy of the collection on her credit report. Well.. she finally got it deleted. (we only sent the treadline not the whole page)

    Well..... The same think is happening to me!! Only it is a cable company. I have sent them three separate C.R.R. letter.

    Companies Response:
    1st response.. send us you address, and Social.

    2nd response... we didn't get the listing you said you enclosed with your letter. THIS IS B.S. I stapled it to make sure!

    3rd.. We still are unable to find YOUR account. Please provide us w/ a copy of your social or call us at this number. (NOT)

    They never filled out my validation letter I sent to the in May. This is how long this has been going on.

    My question is What Should I do.... They are really getting up under my skin and I am very tired of it.

    This applies to the same issue as before... How can you place this against my credit w/out a S.S.?

    What do you guys think I should do? I am ready to have this put to an end ... SOON...!!


  2. sam

    sam Well-Known Member

    they can place it on your file if your previous/or current address matches.

    Suggestion: Dispute all previous addresses, then they can't match it to you.

    If current address, dispute the item when it appears, it will go away.
  3. MartysGirl

    MartysGirl Well-Known Member

    Well.... they haven't mailed me anything about the address. I sent them may address from the past 8 years in the first letter.... I have been the same place forever..!!
    What is so bad is I have the same cable company as what is against my report. My cable and roadrunner is still in use and just made my monthly payment today. This is what is so bad... I know it doesn't belong to me.... BUT... they keep asking me for my social and I refuse to give it to them.. THIS IS GETTING ON MY NERVES...!!!

    What else should I do???

  4. NanaC

    NanaC Well-Known Member

    If it has been 30 days from your FIRST request, I say that you contact the Attorney General, the BBB, and PFB! Send them, a "you didn't send it, you must remove" letter, too!
  5. MartysGirl

    MartysGirl Well-Known Member

    NanaC.. I have never wrote a letter about if "you didn't send it you must delete it" Can you help me here...!!

  6. jsever

    jsever Well-Known Member

    I suspect they have your social # and just want to verify. It's check but not checkmate.
  7. NanaC

    NanaC Well-Known Member

    Let's see...I've used this one with success (Good luck!):

    To Whom It May Concern:

    On XX-XX-XX, I wrote to dispute a bill that I discovered upon reviewing my credit report. A copy of that dispute is attached along with proof that of certified mail service.

    As it has been more than 30 days and I have not received a the required validation, I assume that you were unable to verify the accuracy of the debt. According the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you must remove or correct inaccurate or unverified information from your files. In addition, since the item is disputed, you may not report the information to a CRA without including a notice of my dispute. And, once notified of the error, you may not continue to report the inaccurate information.

    If this situation is not corrected immediately and the negative information removed immediately, I will contact the Better Business Bureau, The Federal Trade Commission, and the State Attorney Generalâ??s Office regulating collection agencies and provide them copies of the dated documents which clearly show that you did not respond to my dispute or notify the credit reporting agency of the dispute. Within ten days, please provide me with proof of your request for removal of the inaccurate information from any and all credit reporting agencies.

    Thank you for your attention to this matter.


  8. bbauer

    bbauer Banned

    Well, it's a amned if you do an amned if you don't situation sometimes.

    I too have a situation going on something like all of this and all I want is for them to admit in writing that they placed a hickey on my credit reports in writing and I've got them where the air grows short. But they didn't have enough info to go on from the credit reports I sent them so they wanted more information and I just up and gave them all they needed and wanted.

    Sometimes it can boil down to where one does have to be at least somewhat reasonable if you want to get the results. By pretending to be nice with them after I took the hard line, I just might get what I want and then I'll show them what nasty really is.

    Nothing would please me more than to see those slimeballs wearing orange jump suits with the nice slogan on the back saying OKLAHOMA COUNTY JAIL and nice shiny bracelets on their wrists and ankles as they are paraded into court.

    The way the law reads in Oklahoma, I can do just that if I want to in this type of situation.

    Doubt that I'd actually go that far, though. After all, they most likely have kids to feed too.
  9. MartysGirl

    MartysGirl Well-Known Member

    Thanks NanaC for the letter .... ;-)
    I hope this will help.... PLEASE.. keep your fingers crossed for me! I'll keep you guys posted on my results...!!

    Bill....Good luck... I hope you get the letter you need so.... you can sock it to those Slim Balls....!!

    Thank Guys


Share This Page