What FICO score = Prime approv

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeG, Mar 20, 2001.

1. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Hello,

What do you guys think is the average FICO score needed to be approved for most Prime Cards. If you dont mind, if you have been approved recently, could you share your score and the Prime card so that we might catalog.

Thanks to all who share their personal information,

Mike G.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: What FICO score = Prime ap

I was just approved for Amex green with a score of 677.

3. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

Within the last one year I've opened CC accounts at MBNA and Citibank. I scored a 664 yesterday.

4. Darrell

Darrell Guest

I got an Amex Blue with a 730 but was denied the Juniper card.

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I got Citibank with 641

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: What FICO score does/not

Don't some approvals depend on the negative items themselves. I would imagine Mortgage companies look far beyond the FICO score itself and if they see a foreclosure even on a 677 score they may still decline...but do CC companies look at what the negative items are, or do they just say "677" you are approved?

For instance I am fairly certain Amex would decline a 677 if you had a charge off with an Amex card in the near past Yes/No?

-Dave

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

As far as FHA goes they look at score and also look at last 24 month history as well, as long as your clean you would be fine, I believe conventional looks a little further.

yes Amex will look at your score and then look in the iternal records if you there then you are denied.

As for credit companies I think the first thing they do is run your score if you fit then they probably look at your reports to see when any delinquencies occured, but then again with all this instant 30 second approvals in cyber world they may just go by score, not sure if a computer can detect these things that may be on your report in that short period of a time.

8. Saar

Saar Banned

I have to disagree w/ the majority here. By mistake, they're linking their Beacon score they got yesterday with their prime credit approvals.

First, Beacon is only used when Equifax reports are pulled. More often than not, Amex & Citi approvals are based on other reports.

Second, score changes from time to time, and their score yesterday was not the one pulled when they had been approved.

Generally, to get really prime cards you need 680 FICO. This doesn't mean it's impossible to get prime cards with less than that (I'm a living proof...). It also doesn't mean that at 680 you'd qualify for every prime card on the market (Pulaski would probably tell you to try in another lifetime). But if you want a score figure that gives a fair cutoff of prime credit in terms of average lender qualification, this would be it.

Saar

9. Polly

Polly Guest

I worked on the computer system that does approvals for Chase. They get the score, if it is 680, you are approved, if it is 679 you are not. This is online at least.