What gives with Experian Score???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nj_newbie, Jul 15, 2001.

1. nj_newbie

nj_newbie Well-Known Member

Hi,

Over the last three months I have had two judgements removed from my credit report. I thought for sure these judgements were having a large impact on my score. Unfortunately, I don't think that the do. Since getting them deleted my score has risen by 6 points (my guess - 3 points per deletion). I thought for sure these would boost my score by 25-50 points.

Any comments or feedback?

Thanks.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IS IT A "REAL" F.I.C.O. AUTHORIZED SCORE, OR A MADE UP ONE ? (FROM EXPERIAN OR A BUSINESS SELLING THE REPORT) ?

3. nj_newbie

I think it is a real score. I am a subscriber of CreditWatch and CreditExpert so I believe these scores are my true Experian and Equifax scores.

???

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

3 POINTS SOUNDS A LITTLE LOW...MAYBE 20-30...JUST GUESSING.
    Maybe there is a "LAG TIME"...

5. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

How old were the judgements?

6. mj

mj Well-Known Member

..and how much were they for?

7. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

And what OTHER negatives do you have that remain now?...for instance if you had several more judgements or several accounts that were charged off/in collection then removing 2 judgements might have little or no impact on your score. Even if you have several (like 10 or 15 or more) hard inquiries I would assume this would have little impact. Also what debt/limit ratio do you have? Since you are talking about Experian, are you getting your score through CreditExpert? If so, what does the simulator tell you to do for an increase in score? If not, join CreditExpert for their 30 day free trial and look into that area.

You are correct in that if there were only 2 negatives (these 2 judgements) or maybe 1 or 2 more negatives at most, and few inquiries...and the 2 judgements were removed, then I would assume a more dramatic increase for sure.

-Dave

8. nj_newbie

I have a BK from 99. Also a judgment from 2000, that slipped through my bk. Never knew about this one. Anyone it was paid immediately and shows satisfied. Other than that no other public records. I have a Cap One chargeoff ( I hate Capitol One) they really screwed me. I didn't know all about the fees and really got screwed. Anyway this is showing as a chargeoff. I am trying to work on paying them but they won't budge with removing it from my credit report. So far we have been back and forth 3 times. I'm hoping to wear them down, I think I would even settle if they just got rid of all of those lates reporting.

So on Experian it says I have 2 public records, 13 negative accounts, all except one (capital one) shows included in BK. And 6 positive accounts, pays on time, never late.

I do have the CreditExpert services. I plan on paying down my debt to less than 30% per credit limit since they suggest this will increase my score.

I know it's bad but it was much worse than this. At the beginning of the year I had 5 public records, 18 negative accounts and 3 positive. So I can see my progress. I guess I'll have to be patient. But I am so obsessed with getting these damaging accounts removed. See my other posts about giving me ideas on how to dispute items that state included in bk.

NJ_Newbie