What happens when a bank buys

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dario, Dec 3, 2000.

1. Dario

Dario Guest

Okay I got a question.

If you have an account at a bank and it is closed i.e. you have a car loan with "bank A" and it gets re-poed. A few years later "Bank B" buys "Bank A". Would "Bank B" take the place of "Bank A" on the credit report? Or would both banks remain on the credit report? Or would "Bank A" stay on and "Bank B" not even report the account?

The reasone I am asking this is because I had a car loan with Jefferson Bank back in 97 it go re-poed...It was charged off i think in 98. (I had it removed from my equifax way back in the day) Then the other day i was looking at my credit report and saw a Hudson Bank on it (had the same info as the Jefferson Bank had). I thought it was a collection agency but it turns out that Hudson bought out Jefferson. So I was thinking that since it is one account shouldn't one come off? Also I was reading about requesting a copy of the orig contract. Do you think that really works, I was thinking about giving it a try. Please let me know. Have a good day.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: What happens when a bank b

BANK "A" SHOULD SAY "SOLD OR TRANSFERRED"
    BALANCE $0.00

BANK "B" WOULD HAVE THE CURRENT INFORMATION
    "REPO"

IF BOTH SHOW...DISPUTE BANK "A"
    (SINCE YOU ONLY HAD ONE REPO)

3. Dario

Dario Guest

okay thanks, I will do that. I think they may have also sold it to a collection agency i figure what the hell i got nothing to lose so I will dispute them all. Thanks and i hope i didnt get you all confused with all that bank a and bank b crap. thanks have a good night

4. mj

mj Well-Known Member

When Bank of Boston merged w/BayBank to create BankBoston, all of the entries just changed their name.

Same when Fleet bought BankBoston - the name on the credit report just changed (no sold/transferred note).