What is a "Credit Clinic?"

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by merlin, Aug 13, 2003.

1. merlin

merlin Well-Known Member

I just read this on the Collection Industry board and am curious if anyone knows what it means:

". . . What is bogging down these types of actions is the bogus disputes and letters the bureaus receive. The credit bureaus are aware of these and simply notify the creditor/agencies this is a "credit clinic". When this appears, it alerts us to the fact that someone is possibly attacking the creditors, agencies, and bureaus."

Are "troublemakers" flagged (I've long suspected they are) or does this mean something entirely different? Any collectors out there who have an idea of what this means?

2. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

If they think a dispute or Val letter is an attack, what's their opinion of a SUMMONS?

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

4*It seems to me, that if it comes to court, they gave me the BEST piece of evidence by refusing to accept that certified letter.
    5*Thoughts?
    Fluxtup
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    4*Exactly;that's why you don't tamper with it or open it!
    5*
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

4. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

What's interesting is that the Credit Repair Organizations Act doesn't criminalize credit repair organizations. Rather, it simply regulates how they do business. The CRAs have no business denying disputes submitted by CROs in the first place. Basically, this is just another way they stall.

Doc

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

.1* What is bogging down these is the bogus disputes and letters the bureaus receive. The credit bureaus are aware of these and simply notify the creditor/agencies this is a "credit clinic". When this appears,
    2*it alerts us to the fact that someone is possibly attacking the creditors, agencies, and bureaus
    merlin
    ===============
    1*WHAT types of actions ?
    2*WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU IS THEY ARE THE ONES PROVOKING THE ATTACKS.

Keep in mind You have to take what you read there with a grain of salt, perhaps even the whole shaker.
    After all they are the opposition.
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''