What is GMAC doing???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Debmac, Oct 24, 2001.

1. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

Just got this update from Identity Guard (don't laugh) that an inquiry was made to my TU report:

Company: GMAC - BRANCH #321
    Company Bureau ID: 1201321
    Type of Business: CREDIT CARD AND TRAVEL/ENTERTAINMENT COMPANIES
    Address:
    40500 ANN ARBOR RD
    POB 4500
    PLYMOUTH MI 48170
    Telephone:
    313-453-0700

What I don't understand is, since WHEN is GMAC in the credit card/entertainment busines?

Anyone got a light to shed on this?

Deb

2. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Did you apply for anything?

GMAC has several divisions, maybe just keyed in wrong code......

Shawn

3. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

The GM Card-MC and Visa I believe. Run by Household Bank. Gives you 5% cash back towards purchase of GM vehicle as incentive (or lack thereof).

4. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

No the only thing I did was contest an inquiry that a dealership made last year to finance a car for me...

Deb

5. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

OH gosh... I feel like a darned idiot now...

I did forget about the GM credit cards, but I sure as heck didn't apply for one with a 540 EQ score..

Deb

6. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

If you didn't apply dispute the inquiry! And, if you did apply, dispute the inquiry!

Shawn

7. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

GM solicited me to apply for this within six months of my last loan w/ them. Had the card for about a year...didn't like the interest rates, so I cancelled.

Yes, definitely dispute it...write directly to the CRA , listing this, and tell them that you did not authorize GM to pull your credit, nor were you ever informed that they were going to pull your credit/place a hard inquiry on your report.

Works like a charm for me so far.