What is it really?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by C, Apr 18, 2000.

1. C

C Guest

What is with this no check Visa icreditcard
    offered by First National Bank? It says it's a credit card NOT a debit card, but I don't get it really. You have to send in the money that you want to charge? Sounds like you should just get a checking account with a debit card. At least they don't charge a one-time processing fee of $88! Or am I understanding this all wrong? Someone please let me know!

2. Barry N

Barry N Guest

C.

This is a Visa Card which technically is unsecured, but in reality is. You get the card with the limit maxxed out. In other words they grant you a credit limit of 300 dollars, but when you get it, the card has a balance of $300. Once you pay down the balance, then you may begin charging on it. It is essentially buying a line a credit. I guess you are wondering why would anyone want this? The truth is many folks do not have any money that they can put towards a secured card. And with this option they can pay on it as much as they can, and begin to make a credit line available. This card is reported as unsecured and is a positive trade line. For folks with absolutely horrible credit histories, this is a way to be able to carry a Visa Card.

As far as getting a visa debit card. The folks I am referring of are likely not able to get even a banking account, let alone a visa debit card. So this is an option for them.

C., if your credit is in good standing for the past 6 months, then you should be able to qualify for any number of the other sub-prime offers.

And finally, if we are unfortunately relegated to the sub-prime world due to our past credit histories, we all need to swallow some pride. Re-establishing credit is not free. There are fees out the whaazoo, among them are high interest rates. Complaining about this does not help our situation. I suggest we all just factor this into the cost of restoring our credit, and use these cards as building blocks to a brighter future.

Good Luck,

Barry Noret
    CreditMania.com, Inc.
    A Unique Personal Finance Portal
    http://creditmania.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    *About our suggestions:
    We respond to your questions and make
    no claims that our suggestions will fit
    your exact needs. This is for informational
    purposes only and should never be construed
    as legal advice.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C wrote:
    -------------------------------
    What is with this no check Visa icreditcard
    offered by First National Bank? It says it's a credit card NOT a debit card, but I don't get it really. You have to send in the money that you want to charge? Sounds like you should just get a checking account with a debit card. At least they don't charge a one-time processing fee of $88! Or am I understanding this all wrong? Someone please let me know!

3. dudu afric

dudu afric Guest

Does any one know if they have a web page am talking about FIRST NATIONAL BANK or does any know their location and phone number