WHAT IS THE "pulse" AGENDA???

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by GEORGE, Jul 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DISRUPTION???

SCARE PEOPLE AWAY???

SPOUT YOUR OWN AGENDA???

JUST COURIOUS???

CAN'T YOU JUST START YOUR OWN BOARD???

2. pulse

pulse Guest

To take this Forusm to the next level.
    Newbies have stayed in the background far to long.
    We demand to be heard.

3. pulse

pulse Guest

Forum

4. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Okay, then lets get this out in the open. Newbies what can we do to make this board better for you? Is there something that is missing? Do you feel disconnected? How about the advice you have received?

In all seriousness, I am curious if new people feel welcomed and if the advice they are receiving is valuable to them and their situation.

Dani

PS Please be honest. If something is working or if something isn't working. No one is going to lash out at you for expressing your opinion.

5. pulse

pulse Guest

Now that's more like it Dani.....

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ATTACK FIRST~~~ATTACK HARD~~~ATTACK OFTEN

Why???

That is why I suggested your own board...

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

<BUMPAGE>

8. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

The next level of WHAT?? The level where we all give up any hope of better credit and a better life? The level where we give up the notion of exercising our legal rights just 'cause some dipwad collector who doesn't know the laws governing his (or hers?) behavior disagrees. The level where we write over and over how all of our problems in our miserable lives are all somebody else's fault? The level where we go on the web and describe numerous instances where, if true, collectors have committed blatantly illegal acts, but refuse to do something about it? The level where we try our best to discourage any newbies from exercising their rights by telling them "It didn't work. My husband's gonna leave me, I got fleas, fell of the train, got ran over by a pickup truck--all because I sent a Validation letter?" You're starting to sound like a country song-- a really bad one.

I'll tell you how you could convince me you are for real, pulse. Go to www.naca.net. There you can find a local lawyer who specializes in FDCPA and FCRA litigation and who will take your case on contingency. Take Arrow to court. Off the top of my head I know that you have described them calling your friends and calling you at work. There's two violations. Sue their asses off. Notice I said nothing about whether or not you should pay the debt. You SHOULD force them to comply with the law if they intend to interact with you. Post the case. Tell us who the lawyer is. (Start with David Szwak, BTW.) Post the results, or at least send them to a select few individuals who can then back you up without revealing your personal info. I'll volunteer to be one of them. But you wonâ??t take me up on it. You won't even call Butch on his 800 number. You did say you want to be one of "us" right? Well earn trust by trusting. There are several people here who have my full contact coordinates. I have never worried for a second about it.

IF you are for real, it would be well to remember that until you do something intelligent and proactive, you have no credibility here. Why should we listen to you? YOU HAVE NOTHING TO TEACH US. YOU SHOULD SHUT UP AND LISTEN.

Unfortunately, we all know the reality is different.

But, hey, maybe you're right, pulse. Maybe this stuff doesn't work. Maybe the 70-some odd items I've gotten deleted from the CR's of The Lovely Mrs. Quixote and myself didn't really happen. Maybe twelve months after starting, I really can't go buy a $300K house on a stated income loan (while I'm unemployed, and with zero down I might add) because my scores have improved so dramatically. Maybe I didn't really beat that damned collector from Arrow into submission last December. Maybe Marci and Breeze didn't really help me get a Citi Platinum card with a $14,500 limit back when I was "just a newbie." Maybe I didn't just give some advice, for better or worse, to a "newbie" with a real story who needed real help. Yep. Maybe Iâ??m really Bobby Ewing, and this was all just a very long dream.

Puhhflippinleaze. Find you next level at the end of a gangplank. You are just so full of pulshi#.

9. pulse

pulse Guest

Thats what I am talking about. Very good post. Your journey is remarkable.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

?????????????????

11. drmgirl6

drmgirl6 Well-Known Member

Then please, let us hear from some other newbies who feel this way, not you, the self appointed spokesperson. Thanks alot.

12. too_poor

too_poor Well-Known Member

I've been following MSN Money's boards for months. That board makes newbies and those who can't pay back their debts feel unwelcome. I never posted there because too many demand it's immoral to use the laws to avoid paying or to file BK. (I would love to have the money to pay, but unfortunately that isn't going to happen anytime soon, if at all.)

I found this board about 2 weeks before i joined and made my first post. I've always felt welcome and respected, never put down because of the hard times we hit 2 years ago. The advice I've found addresses the legal issues i need to settle my debts and clean up my credit report.

No one is judging me based on my ability to pay the debts or not. (if they do, they aren't saying) This makes me feel very welcome.

This newbie says "thanks" to everyone for their kindness and respect.

13. Quixote

No kidding. Did we go "Union" while I wasn't looking?

14. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input, too poor and welcome to the board. :)

Dani

15. Kiyi

Kiyi Well-Known Member

I wouldn't keep fueling her posts. just makes her post more.

16. Quixote

That's sweet. I love you too. I love everybody. Twice if I have to.

I can't help but notice, however, that you never take up a challenge to prove your legitimacy.

17. bhargavap

bhargavap Well-Known Member

I came to this board a little bit ago.

Havenâ??t been here very long and I am somewhat surprised... no flabbergasted that anyone would think that this group of people would not be supportive.

We 'all' come from a background where we have self-ridiculed ourselves about our own credit because it was what we somehow learned.

I have come to understand that knowledge is power and I ask as many questions as possible and read as much as possible.

Instead of spending your time battling for the rights of newbies everywhere, spend time reading up on resources available to you.

If you have questions concerning what you have read, ask for clarification.

In this process, there is very little leniency in learning through doing so ask a lot of questions.

Again, my .02 is to leave the 'the process doesnâ??t work' at the door and concentrate on learning what the process is.

Parul

18. pulse

pulse Guest

It surprised me also. But if you say the wrong thing to the wrong creditneter its all out gang up. Just be glad you said what they wanted to hear. I guess I am not the perfect creditnet member with the usual creditnet problems.

19. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Well said...

20. bhargavap

bhargavap Well-Known Member

No offense pulse, but this is exactly what I am talking about.

The sooner you leave this way of thinking at the door, the sooner you can get the assistance you are striving for.

I am sure if you stopped discussing how you were wronged and got back to asking questions concerning how to make this process work for you, you would have better luck in getting substantive responses.

But while you harp on why people are 'mean' to you, asking for their banning, saying you are fighting for the rights of newbies, etc etc, you will not find the answers you are looking for.

Many people here have gone through the validation process, negotiating debts, going to court to fight for their rights and even BKs. You have an opportunity to understand your rights from the consumer perspective to be a more knowledgeable consumer.

You have a choice now. You can take concentrate on attempting to learn from the board or you can choose to blame the board.

If you choose to the former, you will get support for the questions you ask. If you choose the latter, make sure you provide substantive reasoning for why you believe something is true.

Saying 'Validation failed me' or 'I am going BK because the board didnâ??t warn me of the downfalls' is not responsible. If you are truly trying to protect the newbies, it would behoove you to provide all the information concerning your situation. Not piece-meal over several posts.

Just my .03 this time. I wish you well.
    Parul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.