What is this CA trying to pull?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MThornton, Sep 16, 2003.

1. MThornton

MThornton Member

After the first Validation attempt, no response was given from the CA so I followed with the estoppel letter as my second letter. Finally....a response, but here is what their response was to my validation attempt:

After careful review of the above account, it is found to still be valid and payment due by 9/19/2003.

That's all the letter said. I'm sure by all means that this does not meet any validation requirements so what should my next move be? I refuse to call these folks because they are some of the rudest people you'll ever deal with. Thanks for your time.

2. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

See what I mean guy's? Why couldn't I get a letter like that from a CA? I never get to have any fun. LOL

Seriously Thornton, you have about 3-5 violations here already.

How much is the alleged debt?
    When was it first delinquent?

The typical questions, etc.

???

3. MThornton

MThornton Member

Debt is for 164.00 and it was first reported to the Credit Bureaus on February of 1999. It is past the status of limitations for a California debt which is 4 years. I send the 30 day validation letter with no response. I followed with the estoppel letter giving them 15 days and above is what they responded with. Any suggestions?

4. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

Do the same thing with their response that they are doing with your Validation letter - ignore it - it never happened.

Just be sure to immediately file suit for ANY violation of FDCPA.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1*After careful review of the above account, it is found to still be valid and payment due by 9/19/2003.
    2*so what should my next move be?
    3*I refuse to call these folks because they are some of the rudest people you'll ever deal with.
    MThornton
    1*$1000 violation and you got it in writing- nice going!
    2*ITS 15 days after they got the estoppel.
    3*Because they are rude isn't the reason for not calling a CA.
    The reason you Don't call them is to prevent them from tricking you into saying or doing the wrong thing thus shooting yourself in the foot.
    Sue them and make em pay for rudely violating your rights.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

6. lbrown59

7. lbrown59

Re: Re: What is this CA trying to pull?

8. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Re: Re: What is this CA trying to pull?

There are 3 states in which it's illegal to attempt collection on a post statute debt:

MN

WI

and .... drum roll:

Caleefornia
    (or at least they cannot file suit. PPFFF, same thing).

Tell em to cram it.

:)