What Is This?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Larissa, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Larissa

Larissa Well-Known Member

Also today in the mail besides my approval for Cap One secured(yeah!), my husband got this thing...it is from Credicorp Inc. and says the following:

Account Status: Pre-Approved
    Credit Limit: $10, 000
    Interest 12%

Dear XXX
    You have been pre-approved for a gold card membership with a $10,000 credit limit valid exclusively toward all credit purchase from Credit Provider. Mail your $29,95 annual fee yadayada...

PS full details of your membership benefits will be included with your new gold card.

WTF! Who are these people? What kind of scam is this?

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

SCAM is exactly what is is. You can only purchase items from their overpriced catalog. The card does not have a Visa or MC logo! Trash it immediately!

3. Illini

Illini Well-Known Member

I get this one all of the time, I agree it is a scam. I don't even open these up anymore. Circular file for them.

4. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

It's time to shred that thing. I got one that wanted to give me TWO gold cards. It will probably give you that amount of credit in their "special" catalog. Call them if you have any questions, and while you are at it, tell them to not solicit you anymore.

5. Larissa

Larissa Well-Known Member

Doesn't even have a phone number on it...I will tell hubby to use it for garbage can lining!

6. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

lol, that works too. You know it is a scam if you can't even call them. They would take your money and you'd NEVER hear from them again! SHRED IT!!!

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Birdcage liner, hampster cage paper....

breeze