What is up with Cap 1

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Mar 22, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Over a 2 year period of time I tried several times for a cap 1 card but was denie. Last month a received a pre-approved offer for a gold visa which I took. I made my first payment last week and today I got a preapproved gold mc offer. I don't get it- from none to 2 in a months time when I couldn't get a regular visa before.

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Cap.1's gold cards are no different from their regular cards. Low credit limits, high fees and interest. The only card they have that is really decent is the platinum card with a 9.9 fixed rate and a minimum 5K limit.

3. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

It could be that their mailing list simply doesn't reflect your new Visa account. Let me explain.

After I got my Providian Visa, I got two nearly identical offers. After a couple of months, I didn't get any more.

After I got my Capital One Visa, I got at least one more offer. But the offer said something to the effect that it wasn't valid if I had responded to another Capital One offer recently.

After I got my Aspire Diamond Visa, I finally recieved an offer for an Aspire Visa Gold. I sent in my "prequalified" application for the gold card, but the only response was a decline letter: "social security number indicates you already have an aspire account" or words to that effect.

I mention the last incident because the offers were for different products. Even if Cap One issues you a Visa and then offers you a MasterCard, it's POSSIBLE that yours is simply a case of mailing list lag. If not, and if you want two gold cards, then you are fortunate indeed.