What is up with the attitudes?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by worried, Apr 20, 2001.

1. worried

worried Guest

When I first discovered this board, I felt like it was a needle in a haystack that I had just found. I fell on hard times because my husband lost his job after a layoff. It can happen to anyone. Don't be fooled thinking it will not happen to you. My husband was at the top of his field and very talented. I had just had a baby and then, WHAM! because of our arrogance and "it can't happen to me" attitude, we fell deeply in debt. Life is much better now and I did pay my bills. See, I come from the philosophy, I owe, so I pay. It was very frustrating to see other friends that claimed bankruptcy and such get houses, before the seven year limit, and we were still sitting in a rental. My quest to have good credit rests solely on the fact that I want a house. I want to fix up and paint my own walls. So here is the "meat" to this post...

What has happened to the positive, "Let's help each other" attitudes? I loved reading posts, gaining knowledge, and just basically having the support and knowing I wasn't the only one that has troubles. Lately, as I read the posts, I feel like I am back in high school with all the putdowns and vulgar language. Like I tell my own students where I teach, profanity is the attempt of a small mind to express itself. Is it really necessary? If you don't agree with the views or positions, learn to give your side in a mature, reasonable, unbiased fashion.

Roni, Lizardking, Marie, ShyGuy,Tareco, Momof3, and others ... Thanks for your support!

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Re: What is up with the attitu

Totally agree. That has been our mission for the last 5 years. We are here to show that CreditWorks. It does not have to be a burden, it can be used responsibly to earn a few bucks and build a positive credit history.

http://www.creditsense.com

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To: worried

I agree with you, more than you know, on everything you said except....

The sour grapes you expressed about others getting a BK was very unbecoming. Bk's get discharged when the petitioner goes before a judge and proves that he/she cannot pay their bills usually due to a catastrophic problem. Your husband lost his job. Hardly a catastrophy.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Jim

Plenty of people abuse the BK system. Even I know that and I never declared BK. Worried was not talking about people like YOU. She was talking about people that she knows. And people that I know also.

And I think losing your job with tons of bills is a catastrophy. I also think Worried and her husband have learned their lesson and will not live so close to their income limits ever again.

roni

5. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

Re: Jim

Jim, I depends on how long he was out of work and what their financial situation was at the time. Extended unemployment is one of the top causes of bankruptcy.

I was out of work a year and was never able to catch up with my bills. It was a catastrophy for me, and I'm planning and saving to prevent it from happening again.

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Roni

I guess I took "worried"'s comments a little too personally. Life is good for me again now despite my past health problems that lead to my BK. I hope you get your home that you plan to purchase but I have found that life is not much different for me in my current rental home than when I owned homes in the past.

Keeping a sense of humor here - maybe I have just become a little more spiritual and less materialistic as I have gotten older.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: Roni

That is understandable Jim....you are getting ALMOST as sensitive as me...lol

roni

8. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

we all are

a bit. No big deal. It's a sore issue regardless of the circumstances. :) The further away we get from "it" the better "it" is. At least that's how it is for me.

9. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Re: we all are

Life with home ownership should be a lot more profitable. My experience has shown ownership gives one a lot more access to the credit market and it lowers ones tax bill.

http://www.creditsense.com