What is your CITI platinum rate?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by greyfox, May 3, 2001.

1. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

I just received a pre-approved offer for the CITI platinum select MC, and the BT rate is 2.9 until 2/02, but the purchase rate is 17.49. That seems awfully high to me, as my Nextcard rate is 12.9, and my Providian accounts are 16.49. Do I want this CITI card? Can I get the interest rate down in a reasonable amount of time? Is anyone having any luck in getting the Providian rate below 16.49?

I just transferred my balances to BOA at 9.9% (under $2000) until they are paid off, and I don't know what the go-to rate is for purchases, so I am using my NextCard for purchases, since I also get reward points. I don't plan on paying these balance transfers off anytime soon, so will probably leave them with BOA.

I also accepted a Discover platinum over the phone, but will not activate it because of the two-cycle balances.

What is your opinion of getting the CITI card?

2. steve

steve Well-Known Member

What Citi platinum card were you offered, the regular or rewards card?

3. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

I'm glad I got my citibank plat cards.Just good execution from citi. I called citi and asked if there was a lower rate available, just before my intro rate was about to expire.Not retention, just reg cc phone #and was given a choice of about 12% fixed or prime plus.Went with viable,10.15 for click citi plat select with 1% rebate every month,and 10.65% for citi plat select drivers edge with 2% rebate to be available at purchase of car,new or used,up to 300.00/Year.
    Will go to fixed when interest rates sneak up.

Nice card, nice people.$1200 and $1500 yearly increases. Prime card

VJ

4. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

The offer just says platinum select...nothing about rewards, etc.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

my citibank platinum select is prime+1.9% on purchases.

I'll try to get them to lower it another 1% in a few months after i pay out my huge balance on it now :)

6. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

My rate will be 14.4 when all the rate drops are finished (started at 16.4). Currently under 2.9% until July 31; I will call then to try for a lower rate.

7. Desdemona

Desdemona Well-Known Member

Hello,

I have both the Citibank Platinum Select and Dividend, with both cards I did BT's at the time I apply online. The day I received the card(s) in the mail I called to activate and asked for an APR reduction. Never used it, didn't even make a payment and they lowered it from 20.9 to 15.49. I got the Platinum Select in Feb and Dividend in March. When I received the Dividend I called and said hey my Platinum Select is at 15.49 can I get the same for the Dividend. No problems. Now that I have three payments (hundreds over the mininum) with them I'm calling to have it lowered again. They are great to work with.