What min. Score for Any CITI Card?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MartysGirl, Sep 23, 2001.

1. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Hi..

My Sister-in-law is thinking of getting a Citi Card. She called to ask if I had any idea what the requirement are for an approval. Unfortunately, I do not have a citi card and have no clue what to tell her. So.... I come running to my favorite board..;-)

Do you guys know what is the minimum score/fico you can have and obtain a citi card? Which Citi Card is the easiest to get, what if any requirements they have, or what do they frown on?

What I do Know.... ;-) She has one Mastercard 1000.00 limit and one Store Card 900.00 limit. She has had these cards for about 2 years never late, 0 balances...!! I think she only has one collection that is 2 years old.. (would this hurt her?)

If you don't think she will be able to get a Citi Card....!! What other card should she go for????

Thanks Guys...

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

dispute the collection, then apply for citi while its in dispute. Good chance she might get it.

3. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I have heard that the normal Citi AAdvantage (Not the World) is the easiest.

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

If she has a paid collection, Citi might give her a card. Some on this board have reported that they have received a card with small paid collections.

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Three UNPAID collections, 3 to 4 years old at the time, didn't keep me from getting a $3000 ClickCiti card.

I still have negatives, unpaid, 4 to 5 years old, on all 3 reports. I got a $3000 AAdvantage card last month.

6. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

They have denied me with 2 collections; one 5 yrs. old, one 6 yrs old. That was the reason they gave me too.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DON'T KNOW WHAT MINIMUM SCORE IS...but if you have 685+ DENIED...