What Next? Equifax Help!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rmk1825, May 24, 2001.

1. rmk1825

rmk1825 Member

Hello All,

1 month ago, I sent a certified letters to CSC (Equifax's baby company) asking them to send me some signed documentation that 4 accounts on my credit report are mine...otherwise delete them.

Equifax sent me a letter yesterday stating that all 4 accounts were verified and are mine.

One of the accounts IS NOT mine. It's my dad's who has the same name.

The other 3 accounts are mine, but were paid off in 1997 with 2 of them being charged off and one with late payments. These 3 accounts have not had any updates on my credit report since 1997. I've read to ask them to send me verification of these accounts. They did not send me any verification. They only sent me a letter stating that they have verified that these 3 accounts are mine! I did not get any proof or anything.

On the account that is not mine, they stated "Your Concern has been noted on the credit file." NOTHING ELSE!!!

What are my options?? What can I do next? Isn't there a law stating something about me getting some information in a 5 day period or this stuff must be removed? Please help!

Thanks!!

2. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Guilty until proven innocent.

Unfortunately, that's the status quo. If what you're saying is true, the next logical step is to the courts. File a small claim. The credit reporting agency may move the case to civil court and it may seem unfair that you have to spend your money on a lawyer, but that's the way it is. The credit bureaus have too much power, and until the law changes, we're stuck.

But, before going to the courts, a letter from your lawyer might work.