What now??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kat, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Kat

Kat Well-Known Member

OK, hereâ??s my problem. I have a charge-off from Cross Country. I was under the impression that I had paid them off a long time ago. Now that I have been looking at my credit reports, this is showing with a $45 balance. I was never contacted then or now regarding this outstanding balance. I have disputed, disputed, disputed and even talked to someone in recovery. Do I just pay them and hope they update the credit report to show â??paidâ?? Iâ??m not sure what to do at this point.

2. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

CCB is notoriously bad for responding to you for any inquiries, except you offering to make a payment.

I am battling an account on my credit file that is not even mine. It was opened by an ex, who received a pre approved offer and had my ssn, etc.

The account "charged off" 1995 at $891.00 for a card with a high limit of $350.00. I tried disputing it, it came back as verified, and the next month they added a new account number to my credit file, with a different number for the exact high limit and charge off amount, and entered it as a charge off the same month.

I have recently sent a "validation" letter and will post a follow up when and if I receive a response from them.

Good luck with them, they are very non responsive in all matters. There are actually two message boards online devoted solely to customer horror stories regarding cross country bank.

3. Kat

Kat Well-Known Member

Thanks, I was thinking about sending a validation letter to them also. If they dont respond do I then contact the CRA's again? What's the next step?