WHAT OTHER CARDS UNSECURED ARE

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MIKE GEYER, Oct 9, 2000.

1. MIKE GEYER

MIKE GEYER Guest

I ALREADY HAVE SUBPRIME CARDS. CAP 1, PROVIDIAN, FUTURECARD,FIRST NAT CC,CROSS COUNTRY. DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ON ANY OTHER
    UNSECURED SUBPRIME CARDS OTHER THAT NET1ST.

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Associates? Aspire?

There's Associates, which has no annual fee but may be a little harder than the others to get. The 25.5% APR puts my Associates Visa squarely in the subprime category. I started to get offers for the Associates Visa
    4 or 5 months after I accepted the Texaco card, which is managed by Associates as well.

Then there's Aspire Visa, with its astronomical interest rate but no annual fee. For a small balance, it's actually less expensive than Providian and Capital One. It would beat First National or Cross Country by a country mile.

To the best of my knowledge, Aspire offers a Classic Visa with a 35% interest rate and a credit limit of $300 to $500. Then there's the Diamond Visa, at 28% to 30%. Many people get limits of $1750 on that card, so it could mean trouble if you maxed it out. In that regard, Aspire is similar to Providian: high limits, high APR. The interest on $1750 at 30% would be $525 per year, or $43.75 per month. But with a small balance, like $500, the Aspire Diamond Visa is not a problem, although it can't build your credit history since they don't report timely payments to the credit bureaus.

One more thing. I honestly believe you have one subprime card too many. You need to get Cross Country out of your life as soon as possible.