What service are you using to regularly check credit reports?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JoshuaHeckathorn, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Amy B

Amy B Well-Known Member

Hi Heather, their site says "Unlimited access to reports and scores" which usually means you can log in and view them any time but not actually update them any time you want. Are you still using this or is anyone else using Eliminate ID theft to pull all 3 reports regularly?

2. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

It looks like what you can pull every 24 hours is a triple bureau credit report, so you're not actually able to pull all 3 individual credit reports. You get a consolidated report plus triple bureau FAKO credit scores.

3. Ellijeets

Ellijeets Member

Ok, after reading the replies here, I'm still wondering: is there a reputable site where you can get your credit report once, for a decent fee? or are they all attached to some monthly service (claimin to be free, but after entering your CC, and not reading the fine print, getting scammed into reports that aren't even accurate)?

What about MyFICO?

4. JoshuaHeckathorn

Yes, buy it from myFico.com. That's the only place, but I don't know if I would say 20 bucks a pop is reasonable.

5. gevans10

gevans10 Active Member

I'm using USAA. It's 12.95 per month, trimerged, with fako. You can pull every 24 hours.

6. Cowgirl

Cowgirl New Member

I have been using CreditScoreComplete.com for a number of months. You get a triple bureau report once per month. You also get your three FAKO scores once per month. Because you cannot get the report sooner than whatever day of the month you last got one, you may reach a month where you can't get a report at all if you have a busy life, making it even more expensive for what you get. I can't really recommend it. I have discovered that the reports are inaccurate when compared to the REAL reports, in that the real report may contain items not in their report, and vice versa.

7. JoshuaHeckathorn

Thanks Cowgirl...this sounds like one product that's worth avoiding. Can you cancel at anytime?

8. Kameleon

Kameleon Well-Known Member

Which monitor service is better USAA or Eliminate ID Theft?
    Was just looking for a way to pull credit reports as needed (every 24 hours) for checking on disputes..
    no need for Scores.. only CR's and alerts of any changes.

Thanks,

and thanks jason for steering me here

9. mindcrime

mindcrime Well-Known Member

In reviewing the Equifax Credit Watch Gold with 3-in-1 monitoring and calling their customer service department...

Up front you get to pull reports from all 3 bureaus, however going forward you cannot pull fresh copies of reports from TU and EX. EQ will monitor those reports and inform you of changes though (don't know if when their is a change you just see thatchange or if you're lucky enough to get a peak at the whole report, though likely it's the former)

You get to pull fresh copies of your EQ report every 24 hours.

You only get one fresh credit score, and it's for your EQ report only.

I wonder if you subscribe, then cancel the account and re-subscribe again the next day/week, if you would get a fresh score. I'm not sure if $15 monthly is worth just getting to look at one report with no score.

10. Kameleon

Kameleon Well-Known Member

As i really couldn't find a place that would give you 3 reports (tri-merged or not) & Scores (FAKO or Not) & monitor all three CB's.... (guess i was asking for way too much!)

I eventually signed up for with Equifax Credit Watch Gold with 3-in-1 monitoring.

Good for the Price ($14.95) and the only disappointment is there is no Score (fako or real) so tracking changes in scores based on cleaning up my credit will rely on me pulling from myfico or upgrading to a package for $17/$19 a month from EQ..(which i'm considering, but the scores would only be from EQ)

USAA was a strong second choice the only reason i pulled back from getting it is the fact that the alert/monitoring was only for Experian.. and most of the things i need to fix are on Trans & EQ... =(

Please let us know what you find/use as your CMS ... i'm tuned in

11. samira1973

samira1973 Well-Known Member

I still have not decided on where to pull my credit report unlimited 24 hours with Fico score.

Any body having good luck with one of the credit report website. I sign up with Equifax, but I don't think you can pull every 24 hours.

Any ifo will be great ?
    Thanks

12. mindcrime

I use this: Equifax Credit Watch� Gold with 3-in-1 Monitoring & FREE FICO® Score it's Equifax credit watch gold with 3-in-1 monitoring. Unlimited pulls every 24 hours for EQ report only. One time FICO score pull on EQ report every 12 months, one time pull tri merged report for all 3 bureaus every 12 months. $12.95 a month.

Then there is EQ complete advantage I think it's called, $17.95 a month with same as above except unlimited pulls of credit score for your EQ report, but its not a FICO score, it's Equifaxs own scoring model.

13. Logan Abbott

Logan Abbott Well-Known Member

samira- By all accounts this is one of the best-reviewed (and cheaper) options available. Not FICO, but it puts you in the ballpark and the unlimited pulls sound like the most important thing you're looking for.

14. samira1973

Witch one you talking about Jason do you mean the Gold -3 IN -1 equifax report is the best out there, or the EQ complete advantage ?

Is this equifax let pull unlimited FICO score, or there score ?

I sigup on the 8 of this month, but it not leting me to pull another report is tha because I need to fininsh my 30 days trail ?

Thanks guys

15. mindcrime

EQ's Credit Watch Gold w/ 3-in-1 monitoring gives you a one-time FICO score for your EQ report, and unlimited pulls of your EQ report only (unlimited meaning one every 24 hours)

EQ's Complete Advantage is same as above but you also get unlimited pulls of your EQ credit score (not a FICO, it's based Equifax's own scoring model). If EQ phone reps are to be trusted, this score is typically higher than you FICO, but not by much.

I don't see why you would not be able to pull a fresh copy of your report if you're on the 30 day free trial for CW Gold 3-in-1. Go to the Report tab, scroll to the bottom, and click Update report.

16. samira1973

Oh I see it now it saying get new report now, but also it saying get -in-1 with Score Power Order now what that mean ?

It sound like my be EQ complete advantage good idea because you can get scores with it I just don't want to pay that much do you think it worth it if I want to check my scores to just to see where I am at even if they are not Fico score, but close enough ?

What that is mean one time pull tri merged report ?

Othere thing that I want to check the all 3 mreports fro all the 3 beraus, but with EQUIFAX it seems that I can pull just Equifax ?

Any more advice for me please?
    Thanks guys

17. mindcrime

Complete Advantage is $3 more than the standard price of CW Gold3/1 monitoring, or $5 more than the promo price if you happened to get in on that price. If you're actively working on your credit, I'd say go for the package where you get unlimited credit score pulls as well. No, it's not a true FICO, but probably close enough and certainly a lot cheaper than separately pulling a FICO score each month.

One time pull tril merged report is the 3 in 1 report you get when you sign up. It shows you a report with all accounts from all 3 bureaus. It's one time, however the plan you're on monitors the other two anyway, so if something does change, you are notified.

18. samira1973

Do you know if there is promo code or discount out there for the EQUIFAX Complet Advantage i can use ?

When you get your report with the Gold 3-in-1 report do you also get credit score for from each report, or do you just get Fico score Base on all the 3 credit beraus because I did not see the scores for each report ?

Thank\

Thanks

19. mindcrime

On CW Gold 3-in-1 you only get a one time pull of your credit score based on your EQ report using FICO model.

On Complete Advantage Plan you get a one time pull of your credit scores for all 3 bureaus's (based on proprietary model scoring...so not FICO) and unlimited pulls of your credit score for your EQ report.

You can compare everything here: Equifax package products - Credit Monitoring & Identity Theft Protection

Proprietary model scoring can leave you scratching your head though, LOL. Within days of each other (no changes to reports) depending on which model I looked at, TU's Total -- 7 day free trial (not very familiar with it, tried it on a whim), and EQ's model for my TU score, there is a 45 point difference.

20. samira1973

Well I did cancel my 3-in-1 Equifax Gold plan it was for 12.95. It was very hard to undestand what she was saying. I think she said I can get the Complet Advantage Plan for 17.95 for 2 month then call back to get it for half price. I said I have to call back can you just do that now she said no I have to call back. I think that is warning of no,no.

So I realy need to get something to check my credit and scores for good price any other ideas ?
    Thanks