What service are you using to regularly check credit reports?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JoshuaHeckathorn, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Kameleon

Kameleon Well-Known Member

Got Eliminate ID yesterday, and just an FYI.
    It takes 2-3 days before you can even have access to those 3 credit reports and scores.
    Also the email i got said the service is provided by MPM "MyPrivacyMatters"...
    I've never heard of MPM. But what i don't already like is the fact that the very first email is worded to make it seem like it's not their fault but "MPM" takes 2-3 to setup up your account...

I don't like it when you pay for anything from one company and they look to blame a manufacture or anyone else when things don't go right... i just hope Eliminate ID is not that type of company..

2. Kameleon

Oh and another "just so you know" I also discovered that a new account was added into my EQUIFAX credit report and Equifax's own service did not alert me of this! This is the 4th time they have failed me in under 6 months.... Due to this and their unhelpful customer service i really cannot recommend both the 3-in-1 gold and the complete advantage Equifax plans.

3. mindcrime

mindcrime Well-Known Member

Under: My Account / Alert Preferences ....do you have Alerts configured?

That's nonsense if EQ missed a change on its own report...I'd complain to the C/S rep that will do absolutely nothing for you (I've dealt with this before). We've had independent issues with them as well, DW bailed, I still use them, probably only because of the beg-you-to-come-back deal they gave me.

4. Kameleon

Oh yeah EQ and i have gone over all my alert settings twice already! i need to download all my reports and files before i leave them. Once i left before when i had 3in1 gold and they erased all my reports and i had no previous evidence of violations etc...

i seriously would not mind paying ~$30 a month for a company to come up with daily pulls from all 3 CRA's separately, close enough FAKO scores once every 30 days, Credit monitoring with alerts. Gosh you know someone like this would probably be looking to keep a nice clean credit report...

Which is BAD BUSINESS for a CRA. The CRA's thrive on creating or keeping bad credit around it's in their own best interest. So i'm going to assume my dream will not come through.

5. jmc912

jmc912 Well-Known Member

My Privacy Matters is the company that owns and runs Eliminate ID Theft. Yes, they take a day or two to get your login (mine came sooner), but just be grateful that they actually verify your identity!

I would suggest making a spreadsheet and listing what your scores were for the 3 CRAs as well as if there were any changes (it doesn't always alert you to changes, but I know our reports well enough to notice a difference), and what time you updated. I keep one for myself and my husband. There are a few screens that you have to go through to login but I'm used to it now. They do not list what time you updated so make sure you keep track! And save your reports if you want to be able to see them again because after you hit update you can't get them back. I print one every week just so I can track changes. To get a new report you have to click "request a new report" and then agree on the next screen... You can only do this every 24 hours... I usually wait 24 hours and a few minutes.

Good luck, I wish you could find something exactly like what you are looking for but this might suffice.

6. Kameleon

i finally logged in. i get the 3-in-1 report..
    Not super impressed as THE MOST IMPORTANT INFO IS MISSING...

The DOFD is never listed. only date opened and report date.
    (unless you know a way to find that out from this report, Jmc912)

Secondly it does not give you details on collection accounts
    - for this eliminate ID report, it just shows the Amount and report date no details for who the OC is.

Third, the scores are WAY off at least according to Equifax.
    - my Equifax score from EQ is a 632 on ----> E.ID is a 531 !!! (speechless)
    Out of all my scores my TU score was the highest and i actually wasn't surprise by that after all it is a TU product... My TU score is identical to my Karma score i could have gotten for free...

I need to have a few days to look at this but my first impressions are not good.

I see this Eliminate ID product as something that is cheap for someone who ALREADY has a clean report and want to just keep an eye on things and where accuracy in "scoring" or account "details" do not matter as much as new accounts popping up.

For someone actively engaged in credit repair where you need DOFD and additional info as to who OC's are on collection account the usefulness is just not there for me =( i'll give a walk-over in case i missed something.

7. jmc912

jmc912 Well-Known Member

The DOFD is not listed (I don't think, maybe if you click on more info)... We had already gotten my husbands free credit reports so we knew from those the DOFD and collections info, etc. As long as nothing new pops up you should just be able to use the info from your other reports.

For my purpose, EIDT was more for keeping track of when things fell off and score changes. I hated it at first also, but it grew on me after a week or so. I have used it throughout repairing my husbands credit (which was horrible), and it's been really helpful. The scores for us were spot on with our FICO scores (within 5 points). Sorry to hear it's so different for you.

Give it a chance, if you don't like it after a week or so call them and tell them you want to cancel I'm sure they won't charge you.

8. Kameleon

I'll keep taking a look at it,
    I already have a spread sheet of DOFD from legit CRA reports.
    It's not just my paranoia but i can't trust that when disputing that a CA won't attempt to re-age.
    One has already attempted and luckily i have kept old records. (now that same loser of a CA is back again with a new updated reporting date DOFD and opened date) .... i'm going to be suing them shortly but again if i only had eliminate ID for my records i'd be screwed.

Looks like this one won't work..... are there any other daily pullers left to try ???

9. Famous guy

Famous guy New Member

i know i bumped this from the depths, but for a newbie here this was a great source of info. as of Aug 2015 im looking at getting ------------->CreditCheck® & ID Monitor1
    (Experian®, Equifax®, TransUnion®)

Receive all three credit bureaus' reports, scores and identity monitoring alerts. thru USAA

10. Famous guy

Famous guy New Member

my bad, i just found out you must have served or family must. that rules me out, any suggestions?

11. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

It seems that USAA confuses a lot of people by not making it clear that you must have served in the military or have a family member who has served in order to qualify for their products. I'm curious what you decided to use Famous guy. Have you ever tried out CreditKarma.com? It's free, and provides access to TransUnion FAKO scores and credit reports, plus credit monitoring of your TransUnion credit reports. Not bad for a completely free service.