What should I do now?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Becky, Sep 2, 2001.

  1. Becky

    Becky Well-Known Member

    I am about ready to strangle someone at TU.

    Last part of July I disputed a Bk13 filing with a dockette number that was not my husbands.

    I disputed it as not mine.

    When I had used the bk voice info line the dockette number came up with the woman's name & info that it belonged to.

    First they sent him a letter stating.. In reference to your Ch 7 filing investigation. I Called they said sorry disregard.

    I at that time I said I had the woman's name & info. They said they would verify it by social securtiy

    Today I picked up mail & I have another letter. Stating they verified this as his, With all info previuosly stated as correct. A phone number & address, but no name of buisness was listed on the letter. It is the Courts voice BK info line.

    So I called the number & put in the case number & the same woman's name came up.

    So what did they verify?

    What is the next thing I should do? This game is getting real old with me.


  2. Erica

    Erica Well-Known Member

    Make a recording of the Court docket info line. Then sue them in court. They are in violation of the FCRA for verifying an incorrect item. You have proof. I would also go to the court and get an actual copy of the BK papers that show the incorrect information.
  3. Becky

    Becky Well-Known Member

    Thanks Erica,

    I get so sick of spending money on proving correct information. I have never tried to denie any correct info even if there was a slight error.

    Nice how when you do dispute something that is grossly incorrect. You have to pay to prove it.

    Just so I can get a stupid score up. So that I may get a home mortgage that priates don't control.

    By the time I get through clearing these reports up I won't have any money left for a downpayment.

    What really gets me is I disputed this on my report also & have not heard anything back about it.

    Thanks for letting me rage.

  4. NanaC

    NanaC Well-Known Member

    I had a situation similar and that is when I used Marie's famous line:

    I never had a bk13 with docket #XXXX with dates of XXX....

    I had tried not mine and it didn't work...but this line did...just a thought...
  5. Becky

    Becky Well-Known Member

    Hi Nana C,

    I will try that & all so see how much it will cost me to get a copy of this persons file # & dates.

    I disputed, This item is inaccurately reported as
    â??â?¦filingâ??. Please delete from file.

    It's so irritating cause you know they didn't verify anything. If they had they would have found out it didn't belong to my husband.

  6. Marie

    Marie Well-Known Member


    I would NOT redispute. You gave them their chance to do their jobs. Why would they bother doing the right thing now?

    Besides, if you redispute you give them a chance to change the bk to his real docket.

    If you can do it... Tuesday go down to your local courthouse and file a small claims lawsuit.

    they did something truly very terrible to you and to your husband by not even bothering to verify a bk.

    a bk. and they're slack. give me a break.

    Find any violations you can and just file. I'd bet my first born that you can use this to get a clean file... or at least a significantly cleaner file... or... a correct file and a minimum of 1,000 for your trouble.

    Do the harder thing and file. Don't redispute. Quit wasting your time. Focus your anger in an appropriately justified lawsuit... settle if you wish or not. You have them in your sights. The tables have turned. Pull the trigger and get them... :)

    Nice gift they've given you :)
  7. G. Fisher

    G. Fisher Banned

    Scan the inaccurate entry from the credit report and post it all over the Internet.

    Then, let's see how long it take Trans Union to respond.

    File the suit in the meantime. It's really easy.
  8. NanaC

    NanaC Well-Known Member

    So, there you go...lots of advice..:) I wouldn't send them any info other than the statement I talked about.

    Marie, I see your point..but I have to say that I disputed 6 times before it was corrected and it only was with your wonderful statement. Based on this, I think it's worth a shot.

    Of course, I'm just one voice..:)

    Good luck!
  9. breeze

    breeze Well-Known Member

    Yes, and you can actually get the filing info for the real bk (who it is, etc.) right online - it costs about 6 cents a page, in some states it's free - from PACER.

    Put that all over the net too. You need some space to put it up? I think it's a fantastic idea. Smear their name with their own poopy.
  10. lbrown59

    lbrown59 Well-Known Member

    ===There is just too much of this kind of thing going on.If they can't be more accurate,then It's time to ban using credit reports.This harASSment is totally inexcusable!===
  11. G. Fisher

    G. Fisher Banned

    lbrown59, what is your proposal regarding changes to the FCRA? Or would you just throw the whole thing out?

    Before going to such an extreme, wouldn't statutory awards-- say $500 per violation, to the consumer from the CRAs-- be a logical interim step?
  12. Mist

    Mist Well-Known Member

    *The first change I would propose is that the consumer must be NOTIFIED 30days BEFORE any negative information is placed in a credit bureau file.

    *The second change I would propose is that INQUIRIES be eliminated from any formula used to evaluate risk assessment and therefore not included in credit reports provided to potential lenders.

    *The third change I would propose would be that ALL creditors MUST include the credit limit on revolving accounts if they wish to furnish info to credit bureaus. If they choose not to, they should be eliminated from reporting the accounts at all.

    *The fourth change I would propose is that all credit reports for consumers be provided for free and obtainable online.

    *The fifth change I would propose is that all CB's and their affiliates MUST provide a fax number for disputes. At present, only TU and Equifax provide fax numbers.

    *The sixth change I would propose would force TU to include proper "dates of delinquency" on their reports. At present they use the "in past XX months from date XXXXX." Very confusing and makes it too difficult to address the matter directly with the creditor.

    * The seventh change would be that furnishers of information to CB's MUST update balances a minimum of EVERY 30days or forfeit their right to contribute info.

    That's all I can think of right now...
    Anyone else????
  13. Erica

    Erica Well-Known Member

    I disagree with this statement. I have a very unique situation with one of my former creditors, and if they had updated every 30 days like you propose, i would have one more negative tradeline instead of a positive one.
  14. Mist

    Mist Well-Known Member

    In my case I have a mortgage which hasn't updated since April. We've paid an additional $8,000 on it since then and it still shows the balance of the statement ending in March.

    I have another account that I've paid $1000 bringing it to a zero balance. They have skipped a month of updating. What's interesting is that this account always updated before right after the new statement date. It seems they don't want to update now that there is a zero balance!

    I have another account that hasn't updated since June when the balance was $1700+. The new balance is $1200.

    That's three accounts and that's only with Experian. Equifax and TU have similar account updating problems.

    It's not "fair" when the balances are so very important to your current score. Suppose someone is applying for a car or a home and these balances are way out of whack. Many people do not have the luxury of the 30days to get it corrected to cement the purchase deal.

    You may have a unique situation which benefits you but for the greater good of the majority I still think this issue needs to be addressed by our lawmakers.

  15. breeze

    breeze Well-Known Member

    I agree, they should have to update every month. I have a car loan that only reported when I got the loan, and never updated. I have a credit card that reports when they feel like it. They are currently showing my balance from April at over $3,000. I paid it off in May. Skewing my scores big time. I am disputing them every month, and it is fine with me if they delete them both, it is such a pain.

    Experian does have a fax number for disputes - I use it all the time. You do not have to send it to anyone's attention or any "team code" on the fax. Just an old paper copy of a report (with number and header information) and your dispute. It only answers during business hours. TU and EFX you can fax in the middle of the night, EXP has to be business hours.

    fax numbers
    EFX = 1-888-345-9399;
    TU = 714-447-6032 (CA), 610-546-4605 (PA)
    EXPERIAN = 972-390-3974, 877-454-1010
  16. lbrown59

    lbrown59 Well-Known Member

    All of the credit laws need revised .This time with imput from us the consumer,& not just drafted between the Gov.and the creredit industry like it was done orginally! What we have now are laws in name only because they don't really have any teeth in them:
  17. lbrown59

    lbrown59 Well-Known Member

    CRAs CAs And Creditors Should be required to meet an error limit of no more than one percent.
  18. GEORGE

    GEORGE Well-Known Member




  19. lbrown59

    lbrown59 Well-Known Member

    The penality should be 1000 to the consumer Willful or not and a 500 dollar fine paid to the Gov.
    Perhaps if the regulators got paid for protecting our rights like they are for looking out for the credit industries isterest we might get some results!

  20. lbrown59

    lbrown59 Well-Known Member

    +++++I tend to agree with u.Of course if I knew some details on what Erica's talking about I might see another angle.*****


Share This Page